Cree 18650 lights that can tailstand

creampuff

Newly Enlightened
What Cree or P4 lights out there, that utilize 18650 batteries, can tailstand?

I notice I tailstand my McClux almost as often as I handhold it. Do I have any options with 18650 size lights?

mmmflashlights

Enlightened
Not sure if this counts since it's a modded light, but my Ristoft light modded w/Cree and 18650 will tailstand. There's a few slight variations on this light so it may depend on which you get as far as tailstanding on its own, but the head will fit over the tail enough to tailstand nicely in that manner.

cbubu

Newly Enlightened
Hi creampuff,
The Lumapower M1 can use 18650 and can tailstand (I ordered one ...)
Regards

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi creampuff,
The Lumapower M1 can use 18650 and can tailstand (I ordered one ...)
Regards
If you're willing to shell out the cash, the M1 is awesome. I have the slightly older version with textured reflector, and two-level switch, and use it all the time -- a good tradeoff between runtime and output (3-4hrs on high, over 24 on low, though brightness dips toward the end) The M1, and many other 18650 lights, also have the versatility of being able to be run on 2xCR123 primaries, which it may be good to hvae a stash of in case of a power outage. We have ultrafire C2s stashed in our vehicles loaded up with primary cells due to their long shelf-life. One of those though I modded with a McClicky switch (forward clicky) and that gave it the ability to tailstand, which it does not have stock.