I'm addicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saaby

Flashaholic
I\'m addicted.

Wow! Look what I got in the mail today...

arcaaa.gif

Yup...I'm hooked. I had planned to put it on my keys but couldn't bring myself to it, I thought it'd wear out the teeth on my keys so they wouldn't work anymore
grin.gif

I said in another post "Life isn't an Arc flashlight" and how true it is. If life was an Arc flashlight we wouldn't have locks on our doors, we wouldn't.................

Geez I've never felt so addicted, can't wait for night to come! Too bad I'll be at a party, oh well it's coming out anyway
grin.gif

Don...Thanks

Darell...Add another Arc activist to your list

Peter...Keep it up and, as has been said before, Arc flashlight will take over the world! (Or Mag instruments anyway)

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I\'m addicted.

In my opinion, the Arc AAA is the finest single 5mm LED light you can buy, hands down.

I'm curious, was it smaller or larger than you had expected? For me, being used to the Infinity, I was expecting a substantially smaller light (and yes I had seen comparison pics), but when I first got one, it still struck me how small it really is.

I hadn't really believed it would function as a keychain light, but it really does. It is by no means too large or heavy for a keychain - especially if you don't carry a lot of keys.

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Congrats on your acquisition!

I agree with Lux. The Arc-AAA and Freelight are the *only* 5mm LED keychain lights worth looking at now, IMO.

The Arc-AAA is near-perfect as a daily-use keychain light - there simply is no equal for ease-of-use, durability, water-resistance, brightness, runtime, quality and service support. Peter and Arc have the market cornered in all these areas. And when lithium AAAs do finally become available, the Arc-AAA will become part of my emergency kit too.

Any apparent "shortcoming" is due to external factors - like the battery (ie. no lithiums available yet) or the eventual epoxy degradation of the LED itself. The flashlight itself is all you could ask for in that package.

PS: Is it just me or does everyone who reads Lux Luthor's posts imagines it in his head as being read out in Gene Hackman's trademark gravelly voice
wink.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic

It's MUCH smaller than I expected. I mean there are pictures but you get it and...wow! I expected it to be closer to Mag Solitare size and then I get it and...wow!

It's had lots of use already, now here's an interesting tidbut for you. I was fixing my dads computer and he has a wireless mouse and while I was fixing it the low batt warning comes up. So I take out the old AAAs get in the drawer and get some new ones and stick them in and we're on our mery way. I threw the old AAAs in the trash but quickly realized that I have an Arc now
grin.gif
and can use them. So I dug them out and tested them both just to make myself proud of the Arc once more and discovered that one was completely dead, wouldn't even power up the Arc, and the other was BRAND NEW! They were those titanium Energizers so I used the little tester thing and every single dot lit up!

I would have never known this if it wern't for my Arc
smile.gif

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hotfoot:
...PS: Is it just me or does everyone who reads Lux Luthor's posts imagines it in his head as being read out in Gene Hackman's trademark gravelly voice
wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

crimson.jpg

You must have seen Crimson Tide. I'm really a pleasent individual. Really.
blush.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.