Lumapower DMini vs the moon

luigi

Enlightened
I took my D-Mini for a short trip, the light being a super-thrower is magnificent when outdoors because it can throw really long and illuminate trails, trees, roads and many distant objects.
This is a beamshot I took in a foggy night.

Luigi

Abumustafa

Enlightened
:whistle: Yours seems to have more throw than mine :scowl:!!!

It also looks like the throw on it has reached an iluminated the Moon :lolsign:!!!:candle::candle::candle:

Idan

Newly Enlightened
The moon should o n l y be lit by the OP reflector or else you get dark and yellow rings seen worldwide

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
Heh, very nice shot, the only thing it needs is the Batman symbol in the "hotspot"....
LumaBatSignal.jpg

Quick 'n dirty Photochop job, I couldn't resist.... ;)

Last edited:

Abumustafa

Enlightened
Yapo said:
Just wondering how the cree/SSC lights at DX n Kai's compare to the D-Mini in throw and output?

Yeah it would be good if sum1 could do a comprison but i reckon with the Smooth reflector the D-Mini will be very hard to beat :grin2: !!!

Sometimes in my pocket it feels abit big but when i play with it it feels so small for the output :lolsign: it will be very very hard to beat on throw mayb not so with the output!!

just my opinion!!!

:popcorn:

Yapo

Enlightened
hehe D-Mini... i want a lightsabre... but i'd rather try somthing cheaper from DX 1st. I ordered their MTE SSC lights, both the AA and 2cr123 sized ones but the 2cr123 one came with a luxeon in it instead of da seoul for some reason and it couldnt even fit my protected 16340s...
and wouldnt the reflector be about the same size as the D-Mini's?
and aren't seouls menta throw further than crees with reflectors? but from all the beamshots and specs ive seen on CPF all the crees seem to throw further...

Abumustafa

Enlightened
Yapo said:
hehe D-Mini... ?
and aren't seouls menta throw further than crees with reflectors? but from all the beamshots and specs ive seen on CPF all the crees seem to throw further...

Hmm from what i have been reading the seouls have better looking beams but the cree is better at the throw end!!! :grin2:

Mayb sum1 else can clarify this!!!

:popcorn:

Yapo

Enlightened
oh yeah and hows D-Mini compare to the golston light in throw and output?

I read that seouls output at a wider angle meaning more light shines to the side and hits the reflector whereas with crees it has a narrower angle so that less light hits the reflector...but the reflectors seem to be doing a pretty good job with both besides the darkring on crees... and why are all reflectors made for crees have the small silver ring on the emitter sticking out? wouldnt it be better for the reflector to go on top of or at level with the actual lense of the emitter? would that dark ring be caused by that silver ring on the emitter blockin some of the light from reaching the reflector? just a thought...

Last edited:

keysandslots

Newly Enlightened
I have a D-Mini, use it as my EDC. A low-mode would be handy but I think it's an amazing light. I use the polished reflector because it's fun to show off the throw. I was at a friend's a few days ago and showed his wife a small "turtle" keychain light I carry. She then showed me a flat, business-card LED light that she has so I invited her to come outside for a moment (at night) and I shone the D-Mini up the street. She was amazed. I have not used the orange-peel reflector yet, the polished one is too much fun.

Randy