Multi-Emitter Lights with Throw and Flood

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been looking for a general utility LED light combining a floody output for close up use, with a narrower beam for throw when necessary for medium distance or further.

I greatly prefer the floody output of multiple 5mm LEDs for work indoors and close up work outdoors. The softer output of multiple emitters seems much easier on my eyes than an equal lumen output from a throttled down Lux emitter. Another advantage would be longer runtime when using the 5mm LEDs.

I'm looking for something like the Streamlight TwinTask series, but all LED instead of hybrid Incan-LED. There are several LED headlamps combining these features, like PT Apex and PT Yukon which use both Lux and 5mm LEDs, but I'm looking for a handheld light. The Surefire Kroma might fit this description, but uses CR123a cells which I want to avoid, besides being too expensive for a utility light to be kept in a car trunk.

So far these are the only lights of this general type that I've found: http://www.cosmosled.com/1_watt_led/alx-1812c.htm

I'm dissapointed that Nuwaii chose to drive the six 5mm LEDs to only 10.8 total lumens. Runtime is probably really great, but I'd like something with a little more flood output - maybe 30 lumens flood output from the six 5mms.

Also, the Lux output of 25 to 30 lumens is slightly anemic for lights this large. Driving the Lux to 50 or 60 lumens would have been better, since these lights have multiple C cells to draw on.

Anyone have any experience with these Nuwai lights? Or know where they can be ordered?

Anyone know of similar lights combining multple emitters for both flood and throw?