Cranks with a cree?

Does anyone know if there are crank lights (ie., dynamo/hand wind) lights with cree LEDs).

Some of them we get in Oz (Sontax, Nelson) are retty good and hold a charge for MONTHS after a minute or so of winding and the light output is pretty good too - but I surmise that they do not have cree LEDs which would make them much better.

FirstDsent

Enlightened
All crank and shake lights of good repute use power mizerly 5mm type LEDs. Such lights are designed to be power-conservative, sacrificing output in favor of runtime. Crees and Luxeons use WAY too much power for a crank light. You'd wear yourself out cranking a Cree crank light.

Bernie

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
well the cree could be run at say 100ma, then you only have to crank 1-4 :)
i believe that high efficincey 5mm white leds are just as efficent as a cree.
but the crank light also fluxuate lots, when "charging" so an underrun cree, would last longer.

when it comes to TIRING out trying to get a crank light to do anything other than run a very low power source, i tested to see if i could charge my PDA fully with one, and i could cope with about 15min of total cranking, then i had it.

good for a small radio, or a few Ma of leds.

and the parts and plastic gearing and crank and all certannly wouldnt cope with an hour a day of that.