best aa light to mod?

Marcus Aurelius

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know what the best AA light would be to mod? I have an L1P but getting the light engine out is a problem. I like the look of the Civictor but wouldn't want to run into the same problem all over again. I would be looking to swap in a SSCp4 and if possible I prefer a smaller form factor. Suggestions?:popcorn:

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
most of the "coast" lights you can get to the "engine" with few tools, and they didnt GLUE the dang thing down.
i find that cheaper junk lights come apart much faster than premo lights desinged to live for years and years .
and once they come apart, then they CAN last for years worth of changes.

i wish somone would find a simple easy way to get this fenix apart, its a rather nice light, GLUED with some kinda monkey gorrilla glue, with terrible points to grab to twist it out.
ahh get me the hammer.

Last edited:

Torque1st

Enlightened
Solvents and heat can do wonders with adhesives. Just watch for compatibility issues between solvents and the materials you don't want dissolved. Heat in moderation or quickly applied can release or weaken the adhesive bonds without damaging other components.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
so what solvent would take out this fenix glue, assume i dont care if ANYTHING is left alive in the head, but the tube itself, i have a Aspherical lens that should just fit into the end of the thing.
but if i use my smoke it on the stove trick , the head is so thin, i am afraid the distortion alone will make it unusable.

Marcus Aurelius

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have experience modding the Civictor? I wonder whether it is better constructed than the C-LE. Anyone?

Last edited:

Abumustafa

Enlightened
Marcus Aurelius said:
Does anyone have experience modding the Civictor? I wonder whether it is better constructed than the C-LE. Anyone?

I second that, looks like it is better constructed than the C-LE has any1 modded it with a cree if so i can cancel my C-LEs an go with :grin2: this neva heard of anythin bad about it so far!!!

:popcorn: