ARC LS-1st v1.2 vs. ARC-SLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
OK, since many of you have received your 1st, I am curious as to how it compares to your SLS. In particular, I'm interested in the beam tint, quality and whiteness. Also the contact and ease of engaging the 123-cell holder.

Any comparision comments would be appreciated.

jabajet

Newly Enlightened
Did not see a great deal of difference between my LS2 and LS1 - although the LS1 did seem to have less of a green tint and a tighter spot to it.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Nascar,
I believe you are thinking of the HD LS which Peter has put in some of the colored Arc LS's but I don't believe they are in production yet on the white.

Darell

Flashaholic
LS1: Brighter, better beam, more white.

Still has the green corona, but not as bad. All my LS2's and LS1's vary in brightness, beam quality and whiteness, but on average, the LS1's are better in each catagory. The interior Chemkote is noticeably superior in the firsts as well. LS1's still arrive in the offical Arc Baggie.

With the new battery retainer, the 123 engagement (with either light) is near perfect. With the old battery retainer, engagement is near impossible.

dark star

Enlightened
I now have 3 white LS's - impressions follow

#105 One of the original white LS's shipped. Perfect white color, very bright but suffers from uneven beam - dark blob and a bright blue spot in beam.

#500 An SLS from several months ago. A disapointment - half as bright as #105 and a strong pea green tint- but the beam is smooth.

#446 One of the new set of LS firsts just shipped. Brighter then the SLS and much less green tint ( but not as white as #105). Well worth the extra $30 over the SLS ( plus has the 10 year warrenty)

dark star

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jtintagliovat:
What is a SLS?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
An LS second that Peter sells on occasion from the arc web site. Used to be $70. Usually the only thing wrong with them is a (strong) pea green tint, plus there is no 10 year warrenty.

Okie

Newly Enlightened
I received my LS first(#782)yesterday. I am impressed! The beam is brighter with no green hue and has a much better pattern than my LS second (#255). The beam is not as bright an my Lambda Illuminator, but I think I like the overall quality better. The LS first is glass smooth to operate with the 123 battery pack (the second was always stiff) due in part to the new thinner gasket. AA batteries rattle a bit now, but that is no problem since I use the 123 pack almost exclusively. Thanks Peter, for allowing us to purchase the LS seconds, but thanks even more for your uncompromising stand on the quality of the LS FIRSTS. It's a real winner!

Now... if I can only get an Orangish Red second or better yet, a first with the 123 pack only.

Status
Not open for further replies.