Reverse clickie question

Chusco411

Newly Enlightened
Gosh I am confused. Some people state that reverse clickie cannot be used for momentary, others including Matt from Battery Juncition say that reverse clickie can be used for momentary. Can anyone clarify this for me and if it is the case that reverse clickie can be used for momentary please explain the steps that would have to occur in order to use the light for just a momentary burst of light. Thanks to everyone.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just forget the world tactical, it's mainly used as a marketing device to make the lights sound cooler. Basically, there are two types of clickies (I wont go in to the clickies with two modes by soft/hard press etc)

Regular clicky: Basically, you have a momentary option, (as Maglites), you press the button slightly, it goes on, you release it, it goes off. Or you can press the button completely, hear a click, and release it, and the light is still on. To turn off, just press completely(another click) once

Reverse Clicky: If you press the button, slightly, nothing happens. If you press the button completely(click) and does NOT release it, nothing happens. If you press the button completely and release it, then it goes on. If you press the button slightly while it's on, it's goes off. That's why it's called reverse, if you want to signal with your light, you have to do the opposite(release the button when you want light, and press it slightly when you want it to go off momentarily). To turn off, you just press completely(another click) to turn off.

And then there are momentary twists. You twist on/off the tailcap to get constant on. You press the tailcap when it's twisted off, to get momentary.

Hope that helps.

Latest posts