Paypal use question

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
PayPal has over 100 Million users and once in a while they get somebody upset - which has led to the upset people making some big noise and thus some people think it's a bad thing to use. Overall I think it's one of the safest and best ways to go. Most problems I've seen involve new accounts getting huge amounts of transactions in a short time and PayPal has been known to hold the money a while until they verify everything is kosher. But in some ways PayPal is a bit like an unregulated bank so it's got it's share of concerns but since eBay bought it you know eBay wants it to run smoothly otherwise eBay transactions would not be as smooth or as many of them.

Danbo

Enlightened
Paypal is basically anti-gun, which turns a lot of people off right there.

Paypal's dispute resolution policies can be questionable at times. I know of somebody who sold a fairly expensive knife and the buyer used Paypal. The seller mailed the knife Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. Buyer said he never got the knife, even though delivery confirmation showed the package was delivered to the proper address. Buyer filed a dispute claim and Paypal sided with buyer(who more than likely got both his refund AND a free knife).

Myself, if Paypal wasn't so convenient, I wouldn't use it. But, until there's a better alternative, I'll sheepishly tag along with Paypal.