Police Flashlight

Russianesq

Enlightened
The LAPD has just adopted the Pelican 7060.

What are some of the other flashlights that police officers across the country are currently using?

Streamlights, Pelicans, Magsh*t etc…

List the light and the agency

swampgator

Enlightened
In the nine years I spent in LE I used:
US Army MP: Mag 3D & 4D
Municipal PD: Magcharger, later phased out in favor of Streamlight Stinger
State Agency: Streamlight SL-20

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dept of the Army Police Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas we are issued 3D Mags but have SL Ultra Stinger availabe. I use my Tiger 11, or SL20X-11, or my SL Stinger XT with a TL-3 bulb and 2 18650 Li-Ion's waiting on some Carley 1499's. I also use my Wolf-Eyes 9D Raider and my SF L5. Another light I sometimes use is a vintage Kel-Lite 3D cell w/medium head and a custom 7.2 volt 3D sized battery pack and a Magnum Star 5 cell bulb.

Last edited:

Rob187

Enlightened
NSW Police (Australia) predominantly use the Magcharger with some using Streamlight Stingers. No personal issue lights but many officers purchase their own - some are still using lights as poor as 2AA MiniMags but others (like me) have bought Surefires. The Maglites are kept on chargers in vehicles and in stations.

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
City of Birmingham Alabama....standard issue is 2-D Mags however I prefer a higher power rechargeable and currently use the Wolf-Eyes 9D Raider

Recently sampled a newer version of the TigerLight and man what an incredible light....search the forums for the Tiger and there is a video floating around here that will make you really want the Tiger.....very tough light to say the least

SureFire simply makes a great light.....already proven and duty tested to perform very well. Some will say their customer service has dropped off however for myself they have gone above and beyond as I once carried a SureFire product and never had a problem with their customer service. I do believe they try hard to cater to police and military more than the general public as once they knew my use of the lights on duty they were very eager to help me out.

Pila and Wolf-Eyes are quickly rising with many of my co-workers as well as others across the nation are using their products with good results. Check out the dealer section for Pacific Tactical Solutions for your CPF discount as well as their website.....really good customer service as well as products. You can also find JSBurlys site their for the Pilas....also a very good place to shop.

For the most part I would say that SureFire and Stinger take up much of the market for police carried lights however most of these will be purchased by the officers.....have not seen many departments issue out the more costly lights thus some of the better ones get passed over as standard issue.

PhillyRube

Enlightened
We issue the officers SL20X for their vehicles, and a belt carry Surefire that doubles as a carbine light.

I carry a SL15 with upgraded bulb and flashlightlens.com glass lens as a spare, a Magcharger with an upgraded Welch Allen bulb and flashlightlens.com lens , and my primary is a Tigerlight with flashlightlens.com (sprayed 3 guys with it so far.....)

I also keep a Surefire 9N in my back pocket, since I don't carry a belt light...too much stuff on the belt now and I like to keep my back empty to avoid back injury.

Oh yea, I keep a Maxabeam hooked over the back of the seat.......

Last edited:

KeeperSD

Enlightened
Rob187 said:
NSW Police (Australia) predominantly use the Magcharger with some using Streamlight Stingers. No personal issue lights but many officers purchase their own - some are still using lights as poor as 2AA MiniMags but others (like me) have bought Surefires. The Maglites are kept on chargers in vehicles and in stations.

Similarly in Queensland the stations have magchargers which are signed out by officers at the start of shifts. There are a wide variety of lights used as secondary lights, I personally use a Wolf Eyes 9 Raider (love the output and the fact it's rechargeable) as my back up but see many different brands of back ups including Surefires - mainly 6P and G2's, and then a heap of other cheapies. You would be amazed how many don't carry a second light.

Last edited:

Russianesq

Enlightened
It seems that professionals are happy with the Tigerlight.
The company website is a little cheesy http://www.tigerlight.net but the input of other forum members is putting this company in a positive light :D

It is also interesting that althought more durable LED lights are not more popular with gov't agencies.

Last edited:

mercop

Newly Enlightened
Most popular as I see them on duty belts (lesser lights are kept in bags in front seat)

SF G2
SF 6P
SF G3 (more and more including me)

The #1 biggest back up light is the G2 even if the primary is another G2.

tadbik

Enlightened
and from Israel....

Magcharger in vehicle and signed out for individual use.

Special army and police units use Surefire.

Individual officers as a rule don't buy lights. Me as a certifiable Flashaholic carry a Gladius and Inova T4 in the car.