custom charges again!!dam UK customs.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Decree XRE UNO..went missing in Mexico for two weeks..today it arrives in the UK..straight into customs you can bet I will be billed 23.00GBP.to get my light..DAY LIGHT ROBBERY:mad: i SHOULD CHARGE interest on holding my light in Mexico.,today is not a good day..sorry I had to vent..oh to uk customs:barf:as if I dont pay enough taxes,VAT on every thing,tax on tax on taxes.

Last edited:

Pwallwin

Newly Enlightened
That sucks. I'd like to know the rules on getting customs charges - I've only ever paid customs on my very first torch - SF E2d. Since then, nothing I've bought from the States (personal trades and from companies) has had customs charges. Wierd!

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
WELL I CAN TELL YOU THIS YOU GET CHARGED ON THE FULL AMOUNT. THIS INCLUDES SHIPPING:mad: SO IF THE TOTAL IS 93.00USD INCLUDING SHIPPING WE GET CHARGED WITH DELIVERY CHARGES ALMOST 50%:rant: :touche:

Last edited:

Dawg

Enlightened
TITAN1833 said:
My Decree XRE UNO..went missing in Mexico for two weeks..today it arrives in the UK..straight into customs you can bet I will be billed 23.00GBP.to get my light..DAY LIGHT ROBBERY:mad: i SHOULD CHARGE interest on holding my light in Mexico.,today is not a good day..sorry I had to vent..oh to uk customs:barf:as if I dont pay enough taxes,VAT on every thing,tax on tax on taxes.
Any wonder we threw the kings tea in the drink..... :laughing:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
To me it seems not only the amount stated but also the method of shipping.

f.e. most any light received the last few years, amount less important --> mostly no charges
EVERY small parcel from Sandwich Shoppe (again amount less important, even when just 20,-- or so) --> duty EVERY TIME + personal appearance at customs :( (time lost to get there and wait)

... just by accident switched to "International Airmail" and no charges from then, also for all the other parcels.
(and that intl. Airmal is even on the cheap side)
:)

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
One more point..I paid Wayne 23.00usd to ship my decree to my door you would think no!! parcel force who handle the customs charges want another 27.00usd..to deliver it to me what a cheek!!! I rename them parcel farce..**** Turpin is still alive..the famous highway robber. so total payable 27.00usd postage+17.00usd tax duties= 44.00usd on a light that cost 69.00usd.Wow!!!

beer2beer

Newly Enlightened
The worst Customs are in Brazil. Import taxes are 60% over product+shipping, can u believe that?

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bad luck Titan1833.
I've not been stung yet, but it will happen one day. As you say above, what really takes the biscuit is that the post office charge for collecting the tax can be higher than the money they are collecting in the first place !

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Our C&E people are evil...the post office are also evil...both are agents of the Devil, of this much I am certain.
mad.gif

CFU

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
The value has to be quite low to qualify for under the duty threshold, I seem to remember around £18, or possibly £32 as a gift.

kingoftf

Newly Enlightened
just received a few cables for my Landcruiser from the USA, 10 days door to door and nothing to pay for in the customs here in Tenerife, value 145 Dollar..... no idea if there is a difference between the UK and the spanish custums.....

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why cant they use discretion my light is 69.00USD=34.00GBP now I'm asking the impossible.I sent parcel farce a email!! guess what no reply!!
Raoul_Duke said:
The value has to be quite low to qualify for under the duty threshold, I seem to remember around £18, or possibly £32 as a gift.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had so much trouble with our customs office - I really hate them.
The best way is to ask the seller if he could mark the package as a gift with a lower value (20$) - they don't have time to check every package, so I never pay customs fee this way. Nothing happens if they find out that it's not a gift - they just ask you to tell them how much it cost :laughing: - I usually email them some pictures of my PayPal account and that's enough.

And it delays the package - sometimes even for a week.
We have to pay 19% tax (a flat tax here in Slovakia) and the customs fee (somewhere between 1-10 %).
Packages sent within the European Union don't pay customs fees.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also who the hell decided the low value limit..I mean under 30.00 pounds..thats taking the pith.IMHO. It should be set at 100 pounds this would be half way to being fair.:mad: :rant:

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just checked parcel farce tracking site..they have had my light for 2 days now..still awaiting customs charges.it says i suppose now they will add interest for holding my light..jokers!!

luigi

Enlightened
I will let you retract from what you just said.
I live in Argentina and I'm ready to claim the worst customs in the world are here, trust me you don't want to compete with us.
Do you take that back ? :)

Luigi

beer2beer said:
The worst Customs are in Brazil. Import taxes are 60% over product+shipping, can u believe that?