what should i do with 2d maglite?

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
i have a 2d rop low. it was a rop high but i wanted some runtime out of this one as i'm building a 6d high for my ultimate brightness hotwire.

i am debating putting in the stock maglite reflector and a 6 cell xenon bulb, or one of the new terralux cree sandwiches.

the 6 cell xenon bulb will be brighter i think.
well how much brighter and what would the runtime on both options be?
i have 6 2200mah aa from walmart in there.
anyone know how many amp/mah the 6 cell xenon draws?

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
any suggestions? maybe the 6 cell cree with my 6aa's in there.
kpr112?
keep it low rop.
just shut up and decide for myself?
bump.

kavvika

Enlightened
I'd say 5-cell Maglite Krypton bulb. It'd be a nice white light. I have almost the same thing: Mag 2C with 3xCR123A's, but I'm sure your runtime would be much better. You'd probably get at least 2 hours. Or, why not this? It's at least as bright as a 5-cell, slightly less than a 6-cell, and you'd get about 4 hours of runtime on those cells. But since you are looking for runtime, I'd stick with LED.

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Jason,

It looks like you already have some very nice lights. One suggestion for your 2D with 6 AA's would be a single Seoul P4 LED with a bFlex regulator from www.taskled.com This set up will allow you to adjust drive levels and have scrollable brightness along with a few other bells and whistles. It would make for a very versatile light and a nice hobby experience if you're up to some soldering and modifying the switch. I think a few of us can help out with instructions and assistance on getting you going.

Later
Kelly

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
i'm not up for the task led mod.
here is a couple of options i'm thinking about
6 cell xenon bulb
5 cell xenon bulb
radio shack kpr112
terralux 3-6 cell sscp4 led sandwich
rop low (which it already is now)
i love the light how it is now, but i don't think the runtime is fabulous. with the high bulb you can watch it grow dimmer. with the low bulb it's ok but i'd swear it's not more than 40-45 min runtime. i'm gonna make my 6d mag a rop high, cause really why not. i wish there was a 3 cree led drop in for maglites but i have that built into a four d cell anyway.

here is where i need some real help. can someone tell me how many mah the bulbs above are pulling. this will help me determine my runtime. if you know how many lumens it will start out with that would be nice too. thanks, jason

nimhpwr

Newly Enlightened
I said something about mag xenon bulb somwhere...hmm

:bumpit:Here it is. So it would be about 7.5V 830-850mA. Or a recollect totally wrong.

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put the Terralux TLE-6EX in and power it with a couple of AW li-ion C cells.
Needs a short extender, available where the batteries are sold (AW and Lighthound).

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of the choices you mentioned in post #5, I'd go for the Terralux dropin and 3 C cells. Actually, I'd probably just wait for 2 cell version that should be out in 'about' 60 days.

Or actually, if you already have a bright multi cree light, I'd just get the Craftsman Variable Power LED for $15 from Sears or maybe try to get an PR base SMJLED for a true long runtime light with decent brightness.