Cree Drop-in Modules for a Surefire G2?

Southernwayfarer

Newly Enlightened
What are my options when it comes to Cree Drop-in Modules for a Surefire G2?

I see a discussion for a couple from Dealextreme. Any others? Any recommendations?

Sorry if this is a newbe question. Thanks in advance for the help.

Is it just me or do the listings members have of their flashlight collections in the signature file make it really difficult to do informative searches…

Heck

Enlightened
The Wolf Eyes Cree Drop in works with the G2 without much problems, just gotta set the external spring right into the thin G2's metal tube. No mods needed. The only weird thing is if you look at pics of this drop in, you'll see the outer edge is narrower than the 26 diameter, so it "sits" on the lens of the light.

The Dealextremes, Solatek/Litemania don't work out of the box, they need a bit of modding. Basically the problem is a contact issue, some have gotten them to work by file-ing the base to sit on the metal tubing of the G2, and some have altered the spring to narrow down and fit. I also heard of using aluminum foil to complete the circuit. I'm not sure about the gap issue though, the dealextreme ones have a gap prob, but the new solateks don't.

As for heat issue, the G2 doesn't "conduct" heat and in a way "insulates" the heat, so if you plan on using it constant on, we might have a prob, if you use it at a few minutes at a time, it should be fine.

Hope this helped.