Achluophobia

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think.... I'm afraid of the dark. Maybe I'll never know, I always have a flashlight with me. :)

Jorge Banner

Newly Enlightened
I move around in the dark, in my apartment, almost every day. The dark doesn't scare me. But not being able to function and do stuff, if I need to, does. Eyes are no good in the dark. And eyes are what allow me to function, mostly. That's the kind of animal I am. No light, no seeing. No seeing, no functioning. No functioning, in a very little while, no more me. Light is good.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Generally no - but when we sleep somewhere in the woods and something is walking arround you, that's scarry! :aaa:I know, it's not a monster or something like that - but bears, wolves and wild boars are enough scary for me :) (and I can't have a weapon for my self-defense, stupid weapon laws, only the criminals have weapons here :ohgeez: ).

And I usually don't try to light up the woods arround, it looks even more scary then :grin2: .

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened
The dark is neutral, it's what I don't know is in it that scares the living !#%^$*(^ hence the flashlight :grin2: .....but I guess that would lean more towards xenophobia.

knot

Banned
Jorge Banner said:
I move around in the dark, in my apartment, almost every day. The dark doesn't scare me. But not being able to function and do stuff, if I need to, does. Eyes are no good in the dark. And eyes are what allow me to function, mostly. That's the kind of animal I am. No light, no seeing. No seeing, no functioning. No functioning, in a very little while, no more me. Light is good.

Live to light and light to live?

D@rk Messenger said:
The dark is neutral, it's what I don't know is in it that scares the living !#%^$*(^ hence the flashlight :grin2: .....but I guess that would lean more towards xenophobia.

Xenophobia is a fear and contempt of foreigners.[1] It comes from the Greek words ξένος (xenos), meaning "foreigner," "stranger," and φόβος (phobos), meaning "fear." The term is typically used to describe fear or dislike of foreigners or in general of people different from one's self.

I don't think that has any thing to do with the dark.:whistle:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashaholics aren't afraid of the dark; the dark is afraid of us.

I don't remember where I first read that (Oddest Comment thread, perhaps?), but it's somewhere around here.