ARC4+ newbie...one click on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BladeDogg

Newly Enlightened
I got a ARC4+ today. IT is one damn nice light indeed! :rock:

I just have one problem. I read, and read, and read and I still cannot get the light to do the basic function of turning on with one click and turning off with one click. :huh2:

I tried resetting the light by taking the battery out. I put the battery in...dim light, sucession of getting brighter lights and then off. Then I have to double click to turn the light on and single click to turn it off.
ohgeez.gif
If I single click it only does the "momentary" light on and off. I have to do a double click for it to stay on. STRANGE indeed. I read all the literature and nothing tells me how to fix that.

I can get the menu, and the SOS, etc. but not the one click on.
banghead.gif

I also tried to get to the online simulation through the arc area and it doesn't work. Can someone direct me to the correct place?

THANKS IN ADVANCE. I already appreciate it!
thanks.gif

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
It's in the Tactical mode, I would recomend leaving it like that.Latching it on with a double click will come with a bit of practice.

When you double click, it stays on at level 6 or 7 then if you hold the button while latched on it will kick up to full brightness.

To change it.

Use the pocket card.

You need to hit the button 10 times form the on position to enter the programing mode IIRC...

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, CFU, nice !!!

I EDC'd one of my Arc4s last week since some time, great light still...
I like it in the show-off (strobo) mode with bezel up in my pocket...
It's a good conversation-starter also !! :grin2:

hehehe
You gotta love these !!

My next challenge is to get them open... Until now, no luck...
Maybe it will unlock itself with the 1000lm/w emitter ? :laughing:

BladeDogg

Newly Enlightened
THANKS CFU. I appreciate the help. I am trying to look for the simulation too! :ohgeez: I will have some reading to do tonight. :thanks:

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're welcome BD, hope you get your Arc4+ set to the spec that you want.
smile.gif

That virtual Arc page seems to have vanished off the face of the Earth though...
frown.gif

CFU

BladeDogg

Newly Enlightened
THANKS!

The mode right now is great (tactical, 2 flash) now that I am getting used to it but, I just want to know more about the functions. This mode seems to allow me to NOT worry about accidental turning on in my pocket since I have to double click to go on. Plus I could flash the heck outta someone if I needed to or just wanted to...ha ha:laughing: .

Thanks again casual flashlight user and special thanks to SKYWLKR for the light trade! :thanks:

NOW to find a cool looking Ti bezel and clip (bezel down)!

T

tnasko

Like others have said- it has the tactical mode switched to "on" while it takes a little bit to get used to its really the best mode for it. It allows you to have much briefer momentary flashing(hence the tactical name) but really its best to keep it from turning on in your pocket when you sit down.

Trust me it will become second nature soon. I actually had to go grab my 4+ and check to see if this was indeed the mode i had it in. I edc it but its so natural to me turning it on that I had forgotten. Just think of it like doubleclicking a mouse.

Also simply pulling the battery out and putting it back in will not "reset" the light. It will still have some residual charge left there that you can dispell by pressing your thumb down on the gold contact button in the head (not hard! just till it clicks) for about 25 seconds. The sequence of lights ramping up is the battery check (but then you probably already knew that).

Status
Not open for further replies.