Should I return this LS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fasteddie

Enlightened
One of the LS1 whites I purchased has the unlocked bezel bug. That is, I can unscrew the lens bezel because the threads weren't glued/locked/loctited. It's kind of cool to be able to open it up, take it apart, see how its put together. But am I in danger of damaging the light? Should I return it to be sealed shut?

I'd like to hear your valued opinions, and also the deciding vote, to be cast by Peter Gransee if he wouldn't mind.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I think it's pretty much your call. You can either leave it be or fix it yourself with some locktite or send it back.

Personally, I would leave it be, since it does not affect the operation of the light.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Ed,

If youever scratch the Optics, you can replace them, Yes?

If you get condensation in the front end, you can open it up and let it dry out. I think you were lucky to get one without the loc-tite.
smile.gif

jmm

Newly Enlightened
Ed - I think you should sell it to me! I've been wanting to see what's in mine soooo bad, but it doesn't want to come apart easily, and I don't want to hurt it.

John

fasteddie

Enlightened
jmm, I really want an LS HD first in amber. The one I received didn't work. If you have one, I'm sure we can work something out.

The rest of you - If there are so many advantages to having a pop-top LS, why do they loctite them closed?

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
If there are so many advantages to having a pop-top LS, why do they loctite them closed?

For improved waterproofing, and also to stop other companies from having an easy way to see how it works and how it`s constructed.

(I`d love to be able to see inside mine too
wink.gif
)

Hey, the smileys changed! They`re the same as the SFDB now....
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.