Which is the best single 123 flashlight for throw and output?

machoamigo

Newly Enlightened
I know it was asked a lot of times but I just wanted to know which is the best single 123 cell flashlight for throw and output I am looking for a flashlight which has great throw and runtime, but throw is of more importance.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably Fenix P1D CE or the new P2D CE. P2 is not yet out so nobody has tested it.

You can find a lot of info on P1D CE in CPF, just type "Fenix P1D CE" in the serach box at the top of the page.

Abumustafa

Enlightened
LowTEC said:
There is no other single 123 light that can out throw a D-mini, period.

I double that LowTec How can you compare anythin with a single cell to a D-Mini!!! :grin2:

The D-Mini is the pappy of all single CR123 flashies it will outthrow anythin in its range and with a 2 stage switch you have awesome runtime!!!

I looooovvvvvveeee mine!!! :rock:

BMRSEB

Enlightened
Kilovolt said:
Probably Fenix P1D CE or the new P2D CE. P2 is not yet out so nobody has tested it.
The new Fenix P2D might have more output (not tested yet), but the OP had emphasis on throw and with the larger reflector of the D Mini it should throw further, combined with rechargeables probably a decent runtime.

Look up member Chevrofreak's post in the Reviews section for runtimes. Also member WHC has runtimes with the D Mini and others, also in the Reviews section.

SoundMix

Newly Enlightened
The Amilite T-5 has more flood but less throw than the D-Mini. It depends on what you want the light for.

Yapo

Enlightened
Hey has anyone got any lux readings for the d-mini's throw? I keep hearin it throws like crazy but i dunno how it compares with any other lights, eg. golston 7watt?

SQ40

Newly Enlightened
SoundMix said:
The Amilite T-5 has more flood but less throw than the D-Mini. It depends on what you want the light for.

+1, The Amilite T-5 Looks to be the best all-around light for the $$ IMO, Throw and Output Wise, Not to mention the Slick 2-Stage Clickey with 15 Lumen mode.

Weskix

Newly Enlightened
I bet the current version surefire L1, and the new version L1 will both out throw a D-mini. I'd say for throw and runtime that would be my choice.

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say the D-Mini also...quite a thrower. I don't have experience with the Amilites or the Surefires mentioned here, so I don't know how those would compare.

cslinger

Enlightened
If the OP is just talking about output then I would say the Fenix offerings right now, or the Dmini for throw.

If they just want the best all around 1x123 light then I still submit the EDC series is far and away the best I have seen for quality, robustness, quality and quantity of light, UI, light levels, tech etc. A 60 lumen HDS EDC ain't that much dimmer then a "135" lumen Fenix to the eye. I have an love my Fenix products but I personally think the current HDS EDCs and upcoming Novatac EDCs will be where the bar is set.

Once again, this is no dig on Fenix as I think they put out a fine product for the money it is just that my interpretation of the best is the above.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my D-mini, but you really need to use Rcr123a's in it. They give you only 30 min. of runtime each. The T5 (which I do not have yet) will also work well with primaries, giving you longer runtime and no abrupt cutoff. Something to consider.

Abumustafa

Enlightened
Weskix said:
I bet the current version surefire L1, and the new version L1 will both out throw a D-mini. I'd say for throw and runtime that would be my choice.

Wes the SureFire L1 is registered at 22 lumens i know surefire understate thier products but ok lets say it is pushing out 30-35 lumens to give it abit of credit, but the D-Mini is pushing out over 100+ lumens and lux readings in the region of 6000k-7000k so i dnt know how they would compare in throw the D-Mini was specificly designed to throw!!! :grin2:

Just my opinion, would love to hear from other CPFers!!!:popcorn:

Abumustafa

Enlightened
nerdgineer said:
I can't find it but I think someone measured 9000+ lux out of their D-mini running a fresh RCR123.

9k :drool: Damn i was talking about primaries nerd that is sum output but looking at the two next to each other i will think the SureFire L1 is running on 2 cells, the extra lengh is a no no.... :grin2:

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
The D-Mini throws far, far away. Other lights have more total output, but in it's size class it might just throw the farthest. The DX U2 style just kills the D-Mini for total output but doesn't throw even half the distance. The whole design is for throw. On low you get ~4 hours minimum from a LiIon cell. For total output the Amilite T5 seems to be best, the new Fenix 2D also looks good.