Lumapower M1 Reflector change issues

aggiegrads

Newly Enlightened
What am I doing wrong?

I just received my back-ordered smooth reflector for my M1. After I installed it, there is a large gap between the bezel (Reflector housing) and the driver/led housing. The two parts don't even mate enough to compress the o-ring fully. The bezel and o-ring just touch.

I cannot get the led module to screw any further into its housing, and the base of the reflector is flush against the plastic ring adjacent to the led die.

Is the smooth reflector supposed to be longer than the OP?

-Steven

rolling

Enlightened
Well the reflectors for the new version of the M1 are longer. Maybe you have ordered/become the wrong one. Compare your two reflectors they should have the same length.

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
aggiegrads said:
What am I doing wrong?

I just received my back-ordered smooth reflector for my M1. After I installed it, there is a large gap between the bezel (Reflector housing) and the driver/led housing. The two parts don't even mate enough to compress the o-ring fully. The bezel and o-ring just touch.

I cannot get the led module to screw any further into its housing, and the base of the reflector is flush against the plastic ring adjacent to the led die.

Is the smooth reflector supposed to be longer than the OP?

-Steven
See this thread-post#1, it should help you out. http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=160595

Last edited:

aggiegrads

Newly Enlightened
Steve L said:
See this thread-post#1, it should help you out. http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=160595

Flipping the retaining ring over does not help, I tried this before I posted the OP. The smooth reflector is longer than the OP. Regardless of the orientation of the retaining ring, there is not enough room in the bezel between the led module and the lens.

-Steven

aggiegrads

Newly Enlightened
I have the Cree M1, non-tactical. I am certain that I was sent the new smooth reflector for the tactical M1.

Thanks for your help.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe you can take measurements of the reflector you got and compare with a reflector some of us have and take it from there, Have you tried sanding down the reflector to make it fit? Got a pic?

AlexGT

riffraff

Enlightened
aggiegrads said:
I have the Cree M1, non-tactical. I am certain that I was sent the new smooth reflector for the tactical M1.

Thanks for your help.
Could be the reflector for the Luxeon version...aren't CREE reflectors deeper (i.e. longer)?

Lightmax

Newly Enlightened
aggiegrads said:
I have the Cree M1, non-tactical. I am certain that I was sent the new smooth reflector for the tactical M1.Thanks for your help.

Yep,

If you have the Cree M1, and were sent a Cree M1 Tactical smooth reflector, it won't fit. The new tactical head is fractionally longer. How did you end up with a tactical reflector?

Lightmax

aggiegrads

Newly Enlightened
Lightmax said:
Yep,

If you have the Cree M1, and were sent a Cree M1 Tactical smooth reflector, it won't fit. The new tactical head is fractionally longer. How did you end up with a tactical reflector?

Lightmax

Lightmax,

When I ordered the M1, the smooth refelctors were back ordered. When I was sent the new reflector, it was the "new" reflector.

Lightmax

Newly Enlightened
aggiegrads said:
Lightmax,

When I ordered the M1, the smooth refelctors were back ordered. When I was sent the new reflector, it was the "new" reflector.

I understand. I would think that your vendor would help you out with this issue. I wonder if you can find a 'take off' somewhere, from a M1 that was changed to a OP reflector?