light for girlfriend

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
jbosman1013 said:
want something small and bright was looking at a orb raw or a lod-ce any suggestions
What kind of quality are you looking for?
There are $20-$200 CR2 lights around.

tenfour

Newly Enlightened
does she really want a light? don't mistake her not hating flashlights for her really wanting one.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends on how technically challenged your girlfriend is. Does she mind odd batteries or rechargable batteries? Otherwise the Draco and Orb are nice jewelrylike lights.
If not, the fenix L0D CE isnt a bad choice (if she can manage the UI).
And of course, what's your budget.

EDIT: And what Tenfour said. Giving a flashlight to your girlfriend is almost like giving her a bowling ball, if she really doesnt need it. :)

Last edited:

Campdavid

Newly Enlightened
Civictor! Plenty of light, no fancy battery, inexpensive, good run time, easy to EDC....great little light.

fishx65

Enlightened
That River Rock/ Nuwai 1 AA that Target now stocks would probably work great for her. Common battery and very easy to use. And, "When" she loses it, you can just spend another 25 bucks on a replacement.

M I K

Enlightened
The fiscally dysfunctional State of Kommiefornia
My wife who likes flashlights, but is not near the flashoholic I am, likes the Pelican VB3 2220 LED. It's the one that has the two LEDs that look like an Aligator head when it opens. The switch is actually part of the head that lifts up. It has an extremely handy clip to it that lets it clip on her collar. She absolutly loves it. Yea it works on 2 of the nickel sized coin batteries, but the runtime is great. It is even guaranteed like a SureFire. If it breaks, just send it in and they send a new one back.

Like I said, she loves it. JM$.02

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
pilou said:
I hope you are not buying it as an anniversary gift :)
Yeah :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:. With the money you save you can get a room at a hotel. It's more comfortable than the couch.

williamv0123

Newly Enlightened
My wife seems to have little if any interest in lights and didn't want me to spend alot of money on one for her so i got her a Dorcy aaa keychain light. (I think she uses it more that she wants to admit). $6 at WalMart. When that craps out, or the flimsy tailcap loop breaks, she's gettin an ARC-p, whether she likes it or not!

jbosman1013

Enlightened
HI im back looking for a light in the $50 and less range and yes she did ask for it I was thinking of the lod-ce but that might be to many modes for her to use and I cant find a orb dealer I want something that will hold up and not fail and about 40 and up on the lumens

Senses

Newly Enlightened
633071771485781250.jpg

I have one and it's tiny, bright, an most importantly, cheap!

M

mypalthetortoise

just pony up and get her a silver orb. like a ring but not really.

Last edited by a moderator: