River Rock 2aa Camo/Nuwai X-3 Target

fishx65

Enlightened
Just picked up this River Rock 3 watter that Target is now carrying. Wish I would have picked it up under the Nuwai brand a long time ago! Very close in brightness to the Pro-poly 4AA Lux with a more useful beam in a much smaller package. Seems extremely well built (very heavy). I know it's not a Cree but it's gotta be the brightest 2AA Lux out there. Of course I'll be running it on NiMh. The camouflage looks like it's gonna be very durable and is put on by a company called Next Camouflage LLC. Is this the Duracoat product? I can get mine to run at a lower level if I get the tailcap screwed on just right. Anyone else notice this and can it damage the lux? For a big chain department store,Target is way ahead of the curve!!!!

Thanks, FishX65

cqbdude

Enlightened
I just checked out that River Rock 2AA 3 Watter last night, cool camo...
I was checking it out to see if it would be easy to mod..
Can you get to the LED easily??

fishx65

Enlightened
Twisty action is fine once you clean up the threads and lube. Looked like they got a little of the Camo coating on the threads. The inside of the tailcap was a little rough so I lightly sanded it so it wouldn't grab and tear the O-ring. The head/reflecter come right off to allow an awesome candle mode. Not sure how easy it would be to get the Led module out cuz it sits flush in the body. Remember, this is a rebranded Nuwai X-3 so there is some info on this site and flashlightreviews.com about it. This thing feels like you could run it over with a truck and it would survive!!!! I just ran out and got another one!!

Here's a longterm test: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/134828&highlight=nuwai

FishX65

lightinsky

Enlightened
I picked up one of these. Nice quality and the threads are fine. Gets hot after few minutes and it says on the package that you shouldn't run it more than 10 minutes at a time. Does anyone hate the lanyard like I do and how to remove it without breaking the lanyard.

fishx65

Enlightened
The package just warns that it gets hot after 10 minutes not that you have to shut it down. I ran mine for about 35 minutes straight last night with no problems. It does get pretty hot but you can still hold it just fine. Might come in handy on a cold winter night!!! The second one I picked up had a blue tint so I switched it for another one that had awesome tint. I hate playing the lottery! I took the lanyard off as soon as I got it. I just took the whole metal ring off and put a thin strip of glow tape around the body were the ring was.

lightinsky

Enlightened
Thanks for the input. I got off my lanyard as I don't like the way lanyards look on a flashlight. I believe the beam color is white on mine. How can one really know they have blue or white tint ?

fishx65

Enlightened
lightinsky said:
Thanks for the input. I got off my lanyard as I don't like the way lanyards look on a flashlight. I believe the beam color is white on mine. How can one really know they have blue or white tint ?

Good question! It's kinda hard to tell if you don't have other lights to compare it to. I've got so many it's silly! I can usually judge tint by just shinning it on a white wall because I've done it so many times. Some don't mine the higher blue tints but I prefer the white/white-yellow tints.