VB-16 at DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
as far as i know, this is the same as the one being sold at the manufacture's corner by waion.

robm

Enlightened
That's what I thought too, with at least 3 differences:
Head has slightly different logo.
Light is $25 cheaper from DX
My light was ordered on 31/03, shipped 02/04 and arrived on 07/04 from waion - never had a delivery in less than 3 weeks from DX!

al2k

Newly Enlightened
Amazing price, just ordered one, wonder when it'll ship... Hopefully the up/down buttons don't die within a few days like they did on my QS-V I ordered from Emilion over a year ago (that I was never able to warranty due to his uncommunicative behavior). At least with DX I know they've got a solid return policy. :)

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I pulled the trigger too.
couldn't resist.
we shall see.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does this one have the red button on the bottom to change modes, also? That is the one feature from the Waion sale VB-16 that is not shown.

I bought one of the lights that Waion is selling, or I would be on this one, too.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Waion's lights were very nice. Since I like the lowest level 1 of Waion's light, this is one light I wouldn't be tempted to get in a Cree or Seoul version. But if this has the same quality as Waion's, (AR glass, metal OP reflector, HAIII...), this would be a great deal.

al2k

Newly Enlightened
According to Waion in his sales thread this is the low-end version with the following differences from the one he's selling:
- no SOS/ Strobe modes available
- only type II finish
- equipped with old stock SSC T-binned LED
- equipped with old circuit board
Anyone know what the diff between the old board and the new board is and/or if DX's version has the moon mode? I also noticed that the light is no longer listed on DX's site, very interesting.

rantanplan

Newly Enlightened
beefy6969 said:
hahaha...another cease and desist letter.

does every chinese mfg seems to hate dx & kai?:rant:

You don´t know that for sure. I like DX and had good experiences with them so far, but some of their movements are indeed "questionable". Waions statement sounds fine to me, because DX coincidentally forgot to mention all specs and pics on their site ... facts, that could have shown that their VB16 is a different one than Waion offers here. For me it looked like DX tried to use the good reputation of "Waions VB16" sales here on CPF to catch some undecided buyers. But that´s speculation as well ;) ... But I must say, I was indeed a bit tempted while DXs offer was still available, but the missing info hold me back.

Waions price is fair, it seems to be a great light and I´m happy with my VB16 Gen.2 as well ... but, if the price is low enough, you´re tempted to buy lights that you don´t need :D ...

DX and Jetbeams :touche: seems to be another thing ;) ...

al2k

Newly Enlightened
Anyone's order actually ship? Mine has said "Ready for shipment shortly" for a while now.

Last edited:

al2k

Newly Enlightened
Just canceled mine as well, been over a month so... If it pops up again I can always re-order.

Status
Not open for further replies.