Getting ready for spring/winter storm power outage

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has been raining very hard the past few hours, and the weather channel is predicting high winds and between 6" and a foot of snow in the next 24 hours. The power has flickered 4 times in the past hour and a half so I have gotten out the lanterns, the Mr Heater Big Buddy Heaters and popped my X5 into my pocket.

Anyone in the way of the storm be careful and I hope they are overstating for everyones area :).

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Make coffee now and put it in a thermos. A cold house with hot coffee in the morning is better than just a cold house.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats an excellant idea, I have several good thermos', can make some coffee and some hot chocolate both. Thanks for the idea.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here in NW Indiana, our power went out for a few short (2-10 minute) segments last night. We'll see what the rest of the week holds. I just put a freshly-charged RCR123 in my HDS; that should pretty much get me through whatever awaits. My Seoul ML1 is on my nightstand as a backup. Both lights will run for 100+ hours in low, so I'm pretty sure I'm set. :twothumbs