Stinger LED Recall

Modern_Major_General

Newly Enlightened
I just talked with someone from a Streamlight warranty center, who told me that Streamlight recently issued a recall on the Stinger LED due to a defect in the switch. Anyone else know anything about this?

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing on the SL website.

I have two S-LEDs. One has a nice switch, the other has a switch that needs two thumbs to turn on. Maybe that's what the recall is about?

--dan

Mine has a switch which is a bit hard to turn on at first but you get used to it. Certainly is a big difference between on and momentary on which is probably good.

Last edited:

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haven't heard anything from my uniform/equipment shop. I have 2 and have noticed that fully depressing the switch to the constant on position is kinda a pain sometimes. Maybe thats why. Momentary on always works great tho.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just e-mailed SL reference a possible Stinger LED recall. I was concerned because I have 2 of them (both modified, warranty probably voided) Just wanted to pass on their reply:

No, there is not a recall for the Stinger LED. Yes, there are some lights that have problems. If you have a light with a problem:

Please reply (include this message) with the following information:

Identify how you would like us to bring back the light.

1. We can send a return label by USPS. (You will have to take the package to UPS shipping point)

2. We can have UPS email Return Label to you. (You will have to take the package to UPS shipping point)

3. We can make arrangements to have UPS pick up the light from your location.

Provide:

The Serial Number of the light, your Name, address, phone # -

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Repair Supervisor