• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Tri-Cree 2D Mag Mod - SOLD

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD

Ok.... here is your chance to own a masterpiece. I've only had this light about a month. Here is the original sales thread:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/154685

This light will come with one FM 6x17500 battery holder AND six nearly new (on their 2nd charge) AW protected 17500 Li-Ion cells.

The light is pristine, with one minor exception. There is a very small nick on the edge of the bezel, which is only noticeable from closer than 6 inches, but none the less, is there. If you are interested in this light, I will be happy to e-mail you photos I shot today.

PayPal only. I am asking $325, which includes all fees and USPS Priority mail, insured, with delivery/signature confirmation to CONUS.

Simple, elegant, ultra-fine craftsmanship..... and exceedingly bright, with over 2 hours runtime on the highest level (1 A to each emitter), and close to 7 days on the lowest level (10 mAh).

First unconditional "I'll take it" in this thread gets priority. Please PM me for PayPal info.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Tri-Cree 2D Mag Mod

CPF member Fleegs was backup on that sales tread, why don't you PM him? Maybe he still wants it

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast

AlexGT said:
CPF member Fleegs was backup on that sales tread, why don't you PM him? Maybe he still wants it

Thanks for the thought Alex, I've done that. Keep'em coming! :)

freeman4ever

Newly Enlightened

I'll take it.

Derek Dean said:
Ok.... here is your chance to own a masterpiece. I've only had this light about a month. Here is the original sales thread:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/154685

This light will come with one FM 6x17500 battery holder AND six nearly new (on their 2nd charge) AW protected 17500 Li-Ion cells.

The light is pristine, with one minor exception. There is a very small nick on the edge of the bezel, which is only noticeable from closer than 6 inches, but none the less, is there. If you are interested in this light, I will be happy to e-mail you photos I shot today.

PayPal only. I am asking $325, which includes all fees and USPS Priority mail, insured, with delivery/signature confirmation to CONUS.

Simple, elegant, ultra-fine craftsmanship..... and exceedingly bright, with over 2 hours runtime on the highest level (1 A to each emitter), and close to 7 days on the lowest level (10 mAh).

First unconditional "I'll take it" in this thread gets priority. Please PM me for PayPal info.

Thanks for looking.

freeman4ever

Newly Enlightened
Re: Tri-Cree 2D Mag Mod - Sold Pending Funds

PayPal on its way through the ether...

wink2.gif
Aloha!

glyphin

Newly Enlightened
That was a quick turnover. You sounded so happy with it. Why are you letting it go?

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
glyphin said:
That was a quick turnover. You sounded so happy with it. Why are you letting it go?

Lol...... well...... I just got to this forum last November, and I think like a lot of folks that come here.... I got a little carried away with buying lights, ha. So..... I have had to sell a few to get back into.. balance, so to speak.

Oh, and believe me, it was an honour to own that light. I took it, and a few of my others, on one of my nightly walks thru the local park.... and was testing it's throw capabilities.... which is astounding.... when a couple of police cars converged on me, ha.

They were super nice, just wanted to know what was up..... and were VERY intrigued by my new light. Especially since it was a Mag, something they were familiar with, but at the same time.... like nothing they'd ever seen before, ha.

So.... I feel very lucky that I had the opportunity to own an Icarus built light, even for just a short while, at least I know what that feels like .... but for now..... it's back to reality. :)

fleegs

Enlightened

AlexGT said:

What a great forum!

rob

bridgman

Enlightened
>>Lol...... well...... I just got to this forum last November, and I think like a lot of folks that come here.... I got a little carried away with buying lights, ha.

May I quote this for my sig line ? I think it nicely sums up the situation for far too many of us.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
bridgman said:
>>Lol...... well...... I just got to this forum last November, and I think like a lot of folks that come here.... I got a little carried away with buying lights, ha.

May I quote this for my sig line ? I think it nicely sums up the situation for far too many of us.
:lolsign: bridgman, be my guest! DD

I already miss my light, but I AM happy that someone else will have a chance to experience The Icarus Touch! :)

glyphin

Newly Enlightened
Good story. :) I'm hoping that H22A's Mammoth project will result in me having a 7-14 Cree light built by Icarus. Maybe with that the FBI will get involved!

Derek Dean said:
Lol...... well...... I just got to this forum last November, and I think like a lot of folks that come here.... I got a little carried away with buying lights, ha. So..... I have had to sell a few to get back into.. balance, so to speak.

Oh, and believe me, it was an honour to own that light. I took it, and a few of my others, on one of my nightly walks thru the local park.... and was testing it's throw capabilities.... which is astounding.... when a couple of police cars converged on me, ha.

They were super nice, just wanted to know what was up..... and were VERY intrigued by my new light. Especially since it was a Mag, something they were familiar with, but at the same time.... like nothing they'd ever seen before, ha.

So.... I feel very lucky that I had the opportunity to own an Icarus built light, even for just a short while, at least I know what that feels like .... but for now..... it's back to reality. :)

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
glyphin said:
Good story. :) I'm hoping that H22A's Mammoth project will result in me having a 7-14 Cree light built by Icarus. Maybe with that the FBI will get involved!
Yep, that was my first thought when I saw the Mammoth project. I can't stress enough how important I found the bFlex to be in this light. It's wonderful having a super bright light, especially when it's designed in such a way as to give a nice bright, useful sidespill AND a tight, focused, longthrowing center beam.

However, the usefulness increases ten fold when you include an easy way to control the light output to match your current need, and the bFlex system provides that (with the ability to customize), along with electronic lockout, an adjustable low voltage warning system (both in terms of the voltage it takes to active it, and how often the warning flash appears), AND instant access to high no matter what level you are on.

I can't wait to see what Icarus does with the Mammoth head! Maybe you should apply for a permit to carry it! :)