Upgrade options for Fenix L2T?

csinsc

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I have two L2Ts that I really like, but now that I bought the L2D it has become my tool bag light.

What if any are good options for upgrading the L2Ts?

Thanks,
Chris

csinsc

Newly Enlightened
Pokerstud,
sent you a PM, Can you point me in the right direction for procedure/parts in modding this light. I am new to the flashlight area, but I am a Tech for DOD.
Thanks,
Chris

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I would like to see someone do a write up on modding an L2T. As we know, the pill in the head of Fenixes can be a pain to unscrew. I tried with my L2P and the pill got stuck. So if someone could do some sort of write that would be great. :thumbsup::thanks:

LA OZ

Enlightened
I vote for a run down on how to mod your L2T. I am a bit nervous to mod my L2T but with step by step procedure, I will no doubt be confident in doing such thing.

ensile

Enlightened
Same here, a walk through or basic step by step would be sweet, I am most confused about the soldering and where the copper shim comes into it, does the emitter become fused to anything other than soldering? can paste be a substitute for epoxy, incase the led dies and another needs to be put in ? etc etc. I like my l2t, but the tint is lame, and if I can get more lumens out of it for minimal dosh, then so be it. :)