Arc sometimes doesn't come on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Arc sometimes doesn\'t come on

I have an Arc AAA and occasionally under freak circumstances it doesn't turn on. Usually this is when I have been using it, and turn it off, and try to turn it back on. TO fix it I have to take the head almost all the way off and then put it back on...is it just the battery being off center? This is ver 3.1 with the roll crimp if that helps
smile.gif

Note: It's not by any means a flicker, once it's on it stays on...it's just getting it on in the first place.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Arc sometimes doesn\'t come on

Is it a fresh battery? What you desribe happens when the battery is almost done for.

Saaby

Flashaholic

Yeah I know that but sometimes it happens with a battery that, while not fresh, is certainly not dead. I am not sure what it is but what I speculate it might be is that when the planets line up just right the battery slips and so it doesn't quite make contact like it should...maybe I should put some masking tape around the battery to keep it straight?

Chuen

Newly Enlightened

I got the exact same problem with my v3.0 arc. Peter said it's the bad ground issue and sent me a replacement. My measurement shows a high resistance between the ground ring and the case. So Peter is probably right. I guess the roll crimp just didn't fix the issue in your case.

Saaby

Flashaholic

Ok I will eMail Peter...now.

Zephyr

Enlightened

Originally posted by Saaby:
I have an Arc AAA and occasionally under freak circumstances it doesn't turn on. Usually this is when I have been using it, and turn it off, and try to turn it back on. TO fix it I have to take the head almost all the way off and then put it back on...is it just the battery being off center? This is ver 3.1 with the roll crimp if that helps
smile.gif

Note: It's not by any means a flicker, once it's on it stays on...it's just getting it on in the first place.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I've had the same problem with my ARC AAA EV thats why I had to return it back to TTS to be replaced. But I'm now having problem with my ARC AAA LE version 3.1!!!! Please, anyone, let me know what to do with it or how to fix it. Should I send it back to ARC or should I fix it myself. Do you think I should e-mail Peter about this? Saaby, please let me know any news on how to fix it. Thank you very much!!

ZEPH

jabajet

Newly Enlightened

I had the same problem with a brand new LE - exchanged it for another one.

Zephyr

Enlightened

Originally posted by jabajet:
I had the same problem with a brand new LE - exchanged it for another one.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Did you have it exchange from ARC or from where you bought your ARC LE? Did you send it to ARC? I'm just kinda getting paranoid about sending it back. I have one of my ARC sent back to be replaced for another one, but never got it back.

Thanks so much,
ZEPH

jabajet

Newly Enlightened

Zephyr-
I exchanged it with the store(Brightguy), it had the problem right out of the package.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

My ARC AAA LE that I just got from Brightguy did this the first day or so that I used it, but seems to have stopped after I fidgeted (i.e. turned it off/on about a dozen times) with it a while. If it strarts up again I will talk to them about sending it back, but right now it seems to be fine.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Zephyr. I sent one back also. It may take two or three weeks but you will get it back. Peter & Co has very good service.

Saaby

Flashaholic

First of all where did the quick reply thing go! (Maybe it's because I am on a Mac)

Second of all I love cable and would never switch back to dialup no matter how much you paid me!

Third of all...eMailed Peter, no response yet.

Saaby

Flashaholic

I'd edit but this connection is slow...not even 56k. Quick reply is back...guess I just had to log in. Makes sense.

Steelhead

Newly Enlightened

Ditto on that!
Same exact problem with my new turquoise EV.
I have to unscrew completely or near to get back on. This problem happens probably every other use.
I'm sending back to TT for replacement.
I've already sent back a flickering AAA.
This is getting tiresome at best.
STEELHEAD

D

**DONOTDELETE**

coincidentally on apx. the 19th of July, or when ever that chat was, Peter was asked , (I hear tell) whether the roll crimp fix was a permanent repair, and he replied that to his knowledge it was, and that to date there had been no failures. Certainly Mr Peter G. is going to be on this case...and get back to us...

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mine does the same thing also!

If I unscrew the head completly, and re-screw it back on, it works fine.

FYI I have the new 3.1 LE. My CPF LE never did this.

It did it with the duracell that came in the package, and with the new rayovac maximum plus from wal-mart.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast

Waiting for me? Sorry...

I really won't know until I see one. I suspect they are not 3.1 versions. I could be wrong, just would be surprised.

Peter

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast

i always found that cleaning both the positive and negative contact with a pencil eraser would fix this problem.

I think by screwing the head all the way out the spinning battery would swipe away dirty contact and help regain a connection. If this doesn't work i guess send it back. I have found I need to clean the contacts as soon as I buy the light and with every battery change.

Status
Not open for further replies.