Inova T1, T2 or Fenix L2D

Mr.Shadow

Newly Enlightened
I want a new light ..........I love the output and battery options of the Fenix CE lights but love the form factor of the Inova T series. Does anyone have the new versions of either the T1 or T2? I want to know how the beam/runtime/output is......I might be willing to sacrifice a little output for the form factor (one stage clicky) and knurled for grip but don't want to waste the money if the light is DIM in comparison.:candle:

pilou

Enlightened
The new T1 with 2 CR123s is alleged to be a "pocket rocket." While it may not be as bright as a Cree, it should be plenty bright. Note also that the new Ts have reflectors, and if the one on the T4 is any indication, they should all have beams that have very decent sidespills.

As to their toughness, I have dropped my T1 on a concrete floor from above six feet a couple of times: not even a visible scratch.

Mr.Shadow

Newly Enlightened
As to their toughness, I have dropped my T1 on a concrete floor from above six feet a couple of times: not even a visible scratch.[/QUOTE]

One of the reasons I really like Inova. As much as flood lighting is much more useful in MOST circumstances I work at an airfield where good throw has its definite uses as well.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had an L2D, was not particularily impressed with its brightness or tailswitch. Had two wires on the emitter that were visible on the hotspot as well which annoyed me. I think I would rather go for the quality of the new version Inova T1/T2 instead. On that note, Inova just updated their website if you'd like to check it out: http://www.inovalight.com/

Inova has a new XO3 which is pretty bright.

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Have you seen the Lumapower M1(review, 6500-7000 lux at 1m, depending on battery type) or the D-Mini, both are great throwers. Looking at flashlight reviews, the L2D-CE(review, 2900-3000 lux at 1m) has more throw then the current T1 or the T2(review, 600 Lux T1 and 725 lux T2). Or if you want modes, you can get the HuntLight FT-01XSE Cree(review, 4000 lux, less then the M1). The Lumapower can be had with a normal clickie(Turns on before the click) and the Inova has momentary mode too, but the L2D-CE and the Huntlight don't. The Ultrafire C2, HAIII version (Review, less throw then the M1 but more then the Huntlight) is also a relatively good thrower for cheap $23, single stage.

They should be reasonably tough, but probabily not as tough as the Inovas. It's your choice.

Welcome to CPF!!! Enjoy your stay.

Last edited:

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
New T1/T2 aren't shipping yet so no one has one - 'cept me. :)

The new T1 is more than 2X as bright as the old one, about 80L and the exact same size as the old model but with the new reflector the sidespill and beam quality is much improved.

As Gunner mentioned if throw is your main criteria a LumaPower M1 - or D-Mini for that matter - will both be considerably brighter and have more throw.

cyberspyder

Enlightened
@MattK, would you say that the reflector offers more throw than the TIROS? Which is better in your opinion? I want to get a T1, but should i wait for the new version? On another note, has anyone seen the new X1 with a 2 watt LED?

Brendan

Mr.Urahara reloaded

Newly Enlightened
If you want to go for reliability, get the T1.
I dropped my T3 ( Tiros) from the 5th!!! Floor to the ground on solid marble.
Result: there is a tiny tiny impact at the and and one on the bezel, but you really have to search for it, otherwise you won't even recognize it! There is a crack right now in the marble:naughty:

i would say :goodjob: