Could someone post roll crimp pix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
I have an LE that flickers and don't want to send it in or mangle it.

Does the foam retainer come off w/o tearing? can it be reset, or put in the bottom If inserted into the tube, does the battery get flipped upside down>? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh.

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
MOFW
smile.gif
Men Of Few Words

The foam on mine came off the head, and the sticky is no more, so I just inserted it into the compartment after putting in the battery. Accomplishes the same thing, so I didn't get pithed.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rubbing Alcohol loosens the glue.

The foam can be put in the bottom of the light, just clean it of any glue. lube it up just a tad. This will make it easier to remove later w tweasers or a bicycle spoke. And it might help to enlarge the hole a bit. I actually like it better this way.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a flicker problem with an Infinity - Whacked it with a flat bladed screwdriver and a hammer at 4 equidistant points around the edge of the base of the head. Not as elegant as a roll crimp, but fixed it right up... Don't know if it'll help an ARC, though. Try at you're own risk.

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Quickbeam:
I had a flicker problem with an Infinity - Whacked it with a flat bladed screwdriver and a hammer at 4 equidistant points around the edge of the base of the head.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ouch. With the Infinity, one of the exposed solder lands is the ground for the PCB, so you can easily solder a thin wire wrap wire to it and tuck it under a makeshift circlip to get a perfect connection- The Arc AAA seemed to be potted throughout except for the positive contact, so it doesn't lend itself to that. Luckily, I've had no need to do anything with my Arc, since it shows no evidence of flickering-

Grapeth.. hahaha

Looks like we have some sort of pithing contest going on here-

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pics and advice welcome. I don't need to add to your load right now, Peter -- but am eager to see the pics of the roll crimp. I have AAA ultraviolet, blue, and cyan right now, having no problems, just want to know what to look for.

And ... if any of your re-dos include other color AAAs, please let us know. I missed getting an AAA Red.

(Using red and blue lights and red and blue lens "stereo viewer" eyeglasses -- I've read that the result is very spooky three-dimensional looking black shadows.)

Status
Not open for further replies.