Where to buy Surefire/WE in NY or Portland, Oregon?

Nebukadnezar

Newly Enlightened
My dauhhter is next month for 4 weeks in vacation in New York, later in Portland, Oregon.
A good chance for me to get new stuff.
Are there any shops in these cities, easy to find for a tourist, maybe bigger shops with good prices?
Looking for a 6PD, A18 extender, leefbodies, WE D2AX

Jochen

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
REI in Portland is a good bet. Neat store too. Lots of cool stuff in Portland.

Online is probably cheaper, but REI is worth a stop.

shinbone

Newly Enlightened
Portland, Oregon has a couple of places for Surefire lights, but not many spare parts.

The gun stores are your best bet, in this case Northwest Armory has a good selection of Surefire lights and less on parts, while Keith's Sporting Goods has in my opinion the best selection of Surefire and Streamlight lights and a few more parts. Keith's has some lights hanging up on the walls if you don't see them in the Surefire floor display. Both of these are more or less off the beaten path of downtown portland, but max 1/2 hour east of Portland for Keiths, NW Armory is closer. Keith's is ideal if you are going to see Multnomah Falls or other scenic waterfalls along the Gorge during your visit, he's closer in that case.

GI Joes Sporting Goods has some Surefire and Streamlight options, along with some Maglite/Pelican and cheapy brands. Gi Joes is changing their name to just Joes, so be aware of that change when you arrive. They have Surefire lights behind the counters, but not a really wide selection, but if you want a Surefire M3, they have them mismarked at $225 instead of $252, so some possible savings there and remember there is no sales tax here in Oregon! So save a big purchase for this destination.

REI sells mostly Pelican, Black Diamond, Petzl, Princton Tec, Photon, Mag Industries, Gerber and Innova lights, but most of their inventory is weighted towards climbing headlamps or tiny keychain lights. No Surefire, but certainly worth a visit.

Target stores are good for Inova and Rock River lights, along with some other cheapy brands.

For specialized parts I would stick with online retailers

Last edited:

rscanady

Enlightened
shinbone said:
Portland, Oregon has a couple of places for Surefire lights, but not many spare parts.

The gun stores are your best bet, in this case Northwest Armory has a good selection of Surefire lights and less on parts, while Keith's Sporting Goods has in my opinion the best selection of Surefire and Streamlight lights and a few more parts. Keith's has some lights hanging up on the walls if you don't see them in the Surefire floor display. Both of these are more or less off the beaten path of downtown portland, but max 1/2 hour east of Portland for Keiths, NW Armory is closer. Keith's is ideal if you are going to see Multnomah Falls or other scenic waterfalls along the Gorge during your visit, he's closer in that case.

GI Joes Sporting Goods has some Surefire and Streamlight options, along with some Maglite/Pelican and cheapy brands. Gi Joes is changing their name to just Joes, so be aware of that change when you arrive. They have Surefire lights behind the counters, but not a really wide selection, but if you want a Surefire M3, they have them mismarked at $325 instead of $352, so some possible savings there and remember there is no sales tax here in Oregon! So save a big purchase for this destination.

REI sells mostly Pelican, Black Diamond, Petzl, Princton Tec, Photon, Mag Industries, Gerber and Innova lights, but most of their inventory is weighted towards climbing headlamps or tiny keychain lights. No Surefire, but certainly worth a visit.

Target stores are good for Inova and Rock River lights, along with some other cheapy brands.

For specialized parts I would stick with online retailers

That pretty much covers it for here in Portland

Ryan

TheMechanic

Newly Enlightened
Sportsman's Warehouse has a good selection of Surefire, Streamlight, Pentagon, Gerber, and private-labeled Nuwai stuff. No parts to speak of, but they do have bulbs, lamp assemblies, and Surefire brand 123s.

-=[ Grant ]=-

xobloof

Newly Enlightened
I have seen Surefires @ GI Joes. There is a gun show at the Portland Expo Center next weekend. Last time I went there was a booth selling Wolf Eyes, and another with Surefires.

shinbone

Newly Enlightened
I goofed in my original post by typing in the wrong price on that Surefire M3 at GI Joes. It's been edited to the correct price now.

Rose City gun show is worth a visit if its here when you are. If you are not looking to buy/sell guns take the Max train to the Expo center to avoid parking fees--they're a bit high. There is one good vendor who carries a good selection of Surefire Models and accessories. One LED guy is there too, he carries Wolf Eyes and Fenix models. His website is http://www.pts-flashlights.com/default.aspx you may want to contact him to see if he will be there if you are able to go.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just make sure that none of the flashlights get confiscated by airport security. It would suck to buy them and airport security finds them a hazard or risk.

defusion

Enlightened
you should buy online, lighthound has cheap shipping to germany.
you could also look on ebay, new lights for just over half the retail price if your lucky!

sparkysko

Enlightened
There's always Fry's Electronics. It's like 15 miles south of Portland on I-5. Second exit for Wilsonville. They have the biggest LED light selection I've seen. Probably not many of the 100$+ flashlights, and probably not spare parts for LED lights, but they have all kinds of nifty upgrades and junk, plus the rest of their store has awesome crap. If you've never been to a Fry's, you need to go. Their prices are usually awesome. There is also the REI in downtown, along with another one on the westside. GI Joes does have a pretty good selection of stuff as well. Coast has their headquarters here, not sure if they have a local store or not, but they also resell alot of individual components (I buy high intensity 5mm LED's from them at Fry's). Alot of knife makers here. Coast, Leatherman, Gerber, Benchmade, I forget the rest.

Latest posts