Found a Inova T4 Last Night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemingtonBPD

Enlightened
So I was on patrol and we got dispatched to an area for large fireworks complaint. As we were searching through the backyards and field, I found what appeared to be a used fireworks mess...while searching around with my light I looked down and thought I saw just another firework...but to my surprise it was a near mint Inova T4...hhahaha the idiots were in such a hurry to get out of there after lighting the fireworks he must have dropped his light...score one new light for me...WOOHOOO!! Now all I need to do is find a charger for it.

Last edited:

kavvika

Enlightened
Re: Found a Inova X4 Last Night!

Nice find! You can buy the cradle and power supply for the T4 here. But even at these low prices, I'd say you're better off buying a new T4 and selling this one, unless you're interested in only the vehicle power cord.

I wonder if you encountered a pyrotechnic CPF member though. Not many people know of INOVA, much less the rechargable T4.

Last edited:

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice find. I just hope that the owner is not a CFP member and reading this post. "Technically" you were on duty and any "found property" should be bagged and tagged. If for some reason the actual owner reads your post he may have a valid complaint. I guess if you were off duty its finders keepers right.

Not to critique your find, but just be careful what ya post....espically when it relates to your work.

RemingtonBPD

Enlightened
light_emitting_dude said:
Nice find. I just hope that the owner is not a CFP member and reading this post. "Technically" you were on duty and any "found property" should be bagged and tagged. If for some reason the actual owner reads your post he may have a valid complaint. I guess if you were off duty its finders keepers right.

Not to critique your find, but just be careful what ya post....espically when it relates to your work.

They would have to know where I work lol...and based on being dumb enough to lose a light, I doubt they would be a CPF member...we would never do that :laughing:

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
RemingtonBPD said:
They would have to know where I work lol...and based on being dumb enough to lose a light, I doubt they would be a CPF member...we would never do that :laughing:

Very true. If any of us here lost a light we would be looking all over the world for it! :drool:

ghostguy6

Enlightened
I dont know what the fines are like in Rhode Island but here you pay more for setting off fireworks illegally than you do for a T4 so its very unlikely someone would be willing to go on record filing a complaint and risk getting caught.
Nice find though...... lucky *******!

RemingtonBPD

Enlightened
I think I am definately going to be keeping this light...it seems like it will make a good beater light for around the house and stuff....so I might have to purchase the charger now

pilou

Enlightened
RemingtonBPD said:
...hhahaha the idiots were in such a hurry to get out of there after lighting the fireworks he must have dropped his light....

You don't know that. You are just making a convenient assumption.

JeffW

Newly Enlightened
light_emitting_dude said:

I

Last edited:

TOOCOOL

Enlightened
I think if its not handed in to lost property, it is theft nice way to set an example this is not how I teach my children :rant:

RemingtonBPD

Enlightened
JeffW said:
It's NEVER finders keepers. In my 25 years on the job, it's a matter of integrity. Some have it some don't. I suppose that it might probably have been turned into the property room, and hopefully someone is just having some fun.

Even though most everyone uses fictious names, there are plenty of ways. to track down people. Some might include look at every post someone made and getting thare yahoo/aol and AIM accounts etc. Plenty more ways including checking out ones myspace account. Someone could even get you DOB One might learn where one went to high school and college as well as friends. Whatkind of Gocks ones carries and when one graduated from the police academy.

It's amazing what is out there on the net or I could just be thinking out loud.

That almost sounds like a threat...and first of all...do you honestly think that a flashlight left in a field is going to be claimed? It will sit in property until it rots..and for what? After I cleaned all of the mud off of it and threw it in my locker...it can sit there until the criminal comes to claim it then....like that will happen....you are more than welcome to contact me via PM if you would like to discuss this further.

Last edited:

RemingtonBPD

Enlightened
TOOCOOL said:
I think if its not handed in to lost property, it is theft nice way to set an example this is not how I teach my children :rant:

Right, right...the same ones that were lighting off illegal fireworks in the middle of the night waking up neighbors....and I am sure you would have marched right on down to the police station and said "I found this mud covered flashlight in a field and was concerned about the owner"

greenstuffs

Banned
Finders Keepers in this case i guess the person who lost it deserved it for being a prick i don't think op will have any problem returnning it if the owner came forward and claimed it.
Same like you find CASH on the street what do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.