Status
Not open for further replies.

Wim Hertog

Enlightened
Hi,
I just got my first arc AAA
grin.gif
grin.gif
, and the tint of the white LED is different than others I've seen. You can compare it to the color of the opalec Newbeam. (yellow-litlle greenish-with a very litlle blue-white).

My question: wich tint of white LED do you have. (describe the color or compare with another light), and wich do you prefer...?

artar

Enlightened
the tint of my Arc is blue in the middle and gets more white at the edges of the beam.

compared to my 3 photon 2 white i would say my arc aaa with white led emmits blue light and the photon 2 with white led emmits white light.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen 3 LEs, 1 CPF, and about 20 regular arc aaa. Let me tell you the color and brightness are all over the board. All 3 LEs were different. I have three regular black arcs that are brighter than both the LE's and better color too. The best LEDs I seen are on a 3.0 regular and the CPF.

So all these people who compare their new 3.1 arc to their old arc and say the 3.1s have improved may have just got lucky.

Common Tint of arc "white" LEDs I've seen:
Pinkish purple blue white
yellow greenish blue white
pinkish yellow blue white
blue purple white
bluish white (most common)

About 5 out of 20 regular arcs were as good or better than my LE.

So I don't think the LE is worth the money. Buy 10 regulars instead, keep the best one and give all your friends a great gift.(Peter, you and your friends all win!)

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two 3.1 standard, and one 3.1 LE and the standard ones are whiter and brighter than the LE, Which I found surprising. The LE is noticeably bluer and has a slightly narrower beam. The knurling on the LE is also much smoother and the anodize is very well applied. The bottom edge where the key ring attaches has a smoothed over "corner" and the key ring tab itself is a little more "beefy". The reflector is also a little more polished.

Status
Not open for further replies.