Keychain pics

tenfour

Newly Enlightened
Just for Friday fun...

My keychain:

keys.jpg

The two big keys are for these handmade antique locks I bought in Paris last August.

Feel free to show pics of yours

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
While a fun thing to do, I don't suggest posting pictures of your keys.

It takes very little skill (and only a bit of knowledge and tools) to recreate keys from a picture. The top two Kwikset keys, for instance, are very easy to duplicate from the picture. The antique keys would be a bit harder, but not too difficult since Tenfour included an object of known size (the Fenix) for determining the scale. I can only get the info for one of the three car keys.

If you post your keychain,. just block out the teeth on the keys and all is well.

Daniel

tenfour

Newly Enlightened
good advice i did not think of!

hope i didn't just invalidate my homeowners' insurance policy by posting pics of my keys online. I now cleverly modified the teeth pattern in photoshop to avoid unexpected visitors. But if you do happen to break in, drop by my home office and say Hi - and don't forget your flashlight collection.

Eskimonio

Newly Enlightened
gadget_lover said:
I can only get the info for one of the three car keys.

Good advice Daniel, but I'll submit there are TWO car keys (at least one by an Asian Manufacturer), and one Motorcycle key of Asian make. :grin2:

And No, I have no interest nor skill in trying to punk the keys, but I was one HELLUVA word searcher in my grade school years!! :lolsign:

Last edited:

mchlwise

Enlightened
Eskimonio said:
Good advice Daniel, but I'll submit there are TWO car keys (at least one by an Asian Manufacturer), and one Motorcycle key of Asian make.

Pretty sure one's a Ford and one's a GM

Eskimonio

Newly Enlightened
Good catch, MCHL, I thought I spotted a Japanese Logo on the exposed key, but I neglected to take into account the shape of that key. Looks as though my powers of "which one of these things is not like the other" have atrophied. :awman:

Here's my keyring -- Hybrid Camry...no key needed, and since I'm anal and don't want to nick up my shiny colored plastic fob, all keys are relieved of duty.