how tough is a uv aaa?

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

**DONOTDELETE**

I've been thinking about getting a uv aaa for sometime now. I did my research on the company and really like what I've seen. They stand out among many others for several reasons. I want the uv version because I've always been crazy for the blacklight/glow-in-the-dark stuff. But there's one question that haven't been able to find the answer to. I know that they are waterproof, but does that include them being on under water? I have a pool where I live and would love to take it in there since so many friends have fluorescent swimsuits and it would look so cool to be able to make them light up.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Recently Peter Gransee has posted pictures of Arc AAA's that have been taken to depths of 80+feet without any evidence of leakage...

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello redneckvampire and welcome to the board. Are you talking about the Arc-UV? If so, one answer is yes. They are tough and would work underwater. The big however is that the output may not be what your looking for. In the dark, the Arc-AAA will make ojects glow for no more then 8-10 feet. I have no idea how far underwater it will throw.
Have you seen this company? http://www.maxmax.com
Cool stuff.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the Arc-AAA UV is rated to 50 feet although we have tested over a dozen Arc-AAA units at depths of up to 340 feet. The lights are turned on and off at depth for these tests.

UV is obstructed more by water than air so the 12mw output of the Arc-AAA may not be bright enough for your use. Since I haven't tried it personally (first I heard of glowing swimsuits), I cannot say if it will work well for your use. Let us know if you find out!

Peter Gransee

Status
Not open for further replies.