Advance Auto 2 C LED - Modded with SSC and Runtime Test **Test Complete**

mhubble

Enlightened
I modded my ADVANCE AUTO 2 C LED with a SSC T BIN from DX which can be found here. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1342

Very easy to do. Desolder the old Led star and solder in the new one. Very Bright. I just finished the third hour of the run time test with only a slight drop in brightness. Im using two duracell coppertops. I ran the light for 45 min on then 30 off. 45 on and another 30 off. After 1.5 hours of runtime the batteries had dropped to 1.49 volts. I did 3 more 30 min runs with 15 min off in between the runs. After a total of 3 hours of run time the batteries are at 1.43 volts. Will continue the test in 30 min runs until the light dies. Ill post the results.

EDIT - 3.5 hours of run time, Batteries read 1.38 volts, Still plenty bright.
EDIT - 4.0 hours of run time, Batteries read 1.33 volts, Still plenty bright.
EDIT - 4.5 hours of run time, Batteries read 1.25 volts, Running at approx. 60%
EDIT - 5.0 hours of run time, Batteries read 1.20 volts, Running at approx. 45%
EDIT - 5.5 hours of run time, one battery reads 1.25 volts, the other reads 0.88 volts. Light was running at about 25% brightness. I ended the test here.

Not bad at all. A light with 5 hours of runtime. Almost 4 hours at full brightness.

p4130002cn8.jpg

p4130013gm2.jpg

p41300101ui4.jpg

Last edited:

mhubble

Enlightened
Re: Advance Auto 2 C LED - Modded with SSC and Runtime Test

How's the beam shape?

Round with a good size hot spot. Does have alot of rings in the spill as you can see in the photo.

Skibane

Enlightened
Re: Advance Auto 2 C LED - Modded with SSC and Runtime Test

mhubble said:
Does have alot of rings in the spill as you can see in the photo.

None of your 3 photos are showing up - They're all just generic ImageShack icons.

mhubble

Enlightened
PHP:
Please report on run time with a NiMH set.

Almost 4 hours of full brightness on alkaline, thats enough for me.

PHP:
None of your 3 photos are showing up - They're all just generic ImageShack icons.

Pictures were deleted from imageshack.