LS Poll: LS1 v1.2 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
For those of you have the v1.2 LS1 (ARC LS 1st), I am curious as to problems that you are having with the device, if at all. Specifically, I'm asking about beam quality, tint and color as well as the dependability.

I have personally purchased (4) LS1 v1.2 devices. Two of them have been sent back for repair/replacement and another just bit the dust. It first started with the expected "flex issue" and worked off and on, until yesterday. Now it's totally broken and will not come on at all. The fourth device (the only one I have left in my posession that works) has a terrible green corona, whereas the other one was pretty much pure white.

For those of you that have the LS1 v1.2, how is it holding up?

Radiant

Newly Enlightened
So far so good with mine. The beam is only very slightly blue with a really mild yellow corona that doesn't stand out much at all. Centering is dead on. I have been careful not to apply too much force when turning it on to try and avoid any possible flex failure problems.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by this_is_nascar:
For those of you have the v1.2 LS1 (ARC LS 1st), I am curious as to problems that you are having with the device, if at all. Specifically, I'm asking about beam quality, tint and color as well as the dependability.

I have personally purchased (4) LS1 v1.2 devices. Two of them have been sent back for repair/replacement and another just bit the dust. It first started with the expected "flex issue" and worked off and on, until yesterday. Now it's totally broken and will not come on at all. The fourth device (the only one I have left in my posession that works) has a terrible green corona, whereas the other one was pretty much pure white.

For those of you that have the LS1 v1.2, how is it holding up?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">looks like you carry the curse
shocked.gif

i would be afraid to hand you an ls for fear it would explode when you touched it.
looks like you had a run of bad luck.
statisticly you should never have another arc product die on you as you have already got your share of duds and then some.
i had an aaa-cpf flicker on me till i roll crimped it but no ls failures yet.

Okie

Newly Enlightened
I have an LS second and an LS1. The LS1 has a beautiful beam and no hint of a green corona. Using the 123 tube, I carry and use the LS1 every day. It works flawlessly. I love this light.
smile.gif

Lantern Jack O.

Enlightened
I have a HD cyan 1st, and it is fantastic. Beam is well centered, fit and finish is good. I carry and use it daily (123 mode).

Here are the odd things that've happened so far:
* Twice, I've noticed the light made a very faint buzzing sound when turning it on. This was in 123 mode with a fresh battery.
* Once, I noticed the light was getting quite warm in my watch pocket. The light was off when I removed it from my pocket, so I'm not sure what happened. I removed/replaced the 123 battery, made sure the light was a full turn from "on", and it hasn't happened again since.

Spudman

Enlightened
I've only had one first and one second. I can't believe the run of bad luck you've had with yours. Both mine have performed great. The second has to be turned hard with a 123, it doesn't have the beam quality of the first, or the match on anodize. These were all known facts about the SLS (#068) when I got it. I does seem to work as intended every time I use it. I actually gets used more when I'm out of doors since I'm less afraid of losing it. The first has been great, and I twisted it really hard before hearing about these flex failures. I'm lucky, I guess, but nothing bad happened. Beam quality is excellent as well. Its my favorite light.
G.

d'mo

Enlightened
I have an LSs that has received daily abuse that nas never given me one moment of trouble. The beam has a slightly blue corona and kicks the pants off every other flashlight I have, save the Scorpion.

I recently returned an LS-First, Cyan because the LED color was simply too green for my tastes. Other than that, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the light. I'm waiting for a blue on exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.