P1D - New body brings happiness!

Frank Maddix

Newly Enlightened
My P1D has been transformed with a Leef body and a McClicky switch.
It's still compact, and now is dependable enough to EDC. Plus switching between levels is slick. It takes 3.0V RCR123's OK.
Thanks to Leef and Lighthound.

Abumustafa

Enlightened
Frank Maddix said:
My P1D has been transformed with a Leef body and a McClicky switch.
It's still compact, and now is dependable enough to EDC. Plus switching between levels is slick. It takes 3.0V RCR123's OK.
Thanks to Leef and Lighthound.

Frank some pics would be nice :twothumbs

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I still had my P1D-CE I would be all over one of those leef bodies as well. A very nice addition to an amazingly bright light.....I prefer clickies over twisties myself :)

speederino

Enlightened
P1D-CE length with the LeefBody is 3 and 7/16ths inches.

I had about 12 wraps of teflon plumbers tape on the threads of my P1D head to compensate for the loose threads. Turns out I had to remove all that tape for my P1D head to fit the Leef body - the looseness but be due to the stock body, not the head. Plus now that it's a clicky you tighten the head all the way down anyways, so even if it was a bit loose (which it wasn't) it doesn't matter.

Man I can't believe how prevalent reverse clickies are - when I got my hands on the supreme regular clickly McClicky it took me a second to get used to changing levels....

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet! Great to hear a review on the thing. It may add about a half inch to the light, but i think it's worth it.

Schnotts

Newly Enlightened
It has momentary on. First click is just like the standard P1D CE. Regular, high, low, strobe, SOS.
I love this body. Before I didn't use my P1D at work because I hated walking up to cars with both hands on my light but now I use it at work just fine. Nice and small yet bright and I can use it with just my left hand and keep my right hand free.
Great product!!

stonehenge69

Newly Enlightened
icon_worthless.gif

Maybe not worthless, but I sure would like to see one.

Trey

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree. The Leef body makes the P1D much more user friendly. I like being able to use it with one hand. It's not that much longer than a stock P1D. Cycling through the modes is easy.
It seems that the only other stock light that may come in similar to it is the new Fenix P2D.

LESLIEx317537

Newly Enlightened
The tactical click is a super plus++.

So I can just hold the button to make the light go on, and then release it and it will go off right?

Last edited:

brunt_sp

Enlightened
I agree that the Leef body is a quality piece of kit but I feel the combination would be better if the sequence was high, regular, low, strobe, SOS. This is where the new P2D scores in that you decide whether you want it high or low when you first turn it on.

Last edited:

Frank Maddix

Newly Enlightened
ss2nv said:
I was just reaching for my camera so thanks mate, you saved me the bother!
Some people may wonder what the large ring is. It comes with the body, and means you can hold the light between index and middle fingers and press with the thumb - a secure grip. The scallops on the tailcap are sufficiently large to let you use the ball of the thumb - a comfortable hold.
The switch is of high quality and consistent in operation. Thus you can cycle through modes 'momentarily' and then press to complete the operation.
What else? It fits the original P1D holster; to mar the almost complete perfection of the thing, it's a less matt finish than the original; you've got a spare body which you could use as a 123 holder if you put it in a rubber glove finger.

ss2nv

Newly Enlightened
Frank Maddix said:
I was just reaching for my camera so thanks mate, you saved me the bother!
Some people may wonder what the large ring is. It comes with the body, and means you can hold the light between index and middle fingers and press with the thumb - a secure grip. The scallops on the tailcap are sufficiently large to let you use the ball of the thumb - a comfortable hold.
The switch is of high quality and consistent in operation. Thus you can cycle through modes 'momentarily' and then press to complete the operation.
What else? It fits the original P1D holster; to mar the almost complete perfection of the thing, it's a less matt finish than the original; you've got a spare body which you could use as a 123 holder if you put it in a rubber glove finger.
A few in the factory holster:
DSC01618.jpg

DSC01617.jpg

And one more without:
DSC01614.jpg

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats a sweet looking body right there. Totally in a class of its own. Look at the finish on the thing... Great now im gonna have to get me one of them Fenixes..:goodjob: