I just ran 13.1 miles!

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
As the title states, I just ran a mini-marathon in my hometown of Valparaiso, IN. As you might guess, it's called the Valpo Mini. I've ran it all three years that it's been around. My time today was 1:58:48. Not my best time, but my training hasn't been what it should be. In three weeks I'm running the Indi Mini which has about 35,000 runners. It will be my second Indi Mini. It was a blast the first time, and the nice thing is, it's very flat, not so hard on the calves. :D

Any other distance runners or other endurance athletes here?

Last edited:

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good job, Hawk. And good luck next time.

When I saw the title of your post I thought it might be a continuation of the Africanized bee thread.

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent :grin2:.............I ran the Indy Mini 5 or 6 times; really enjoyed when it was on Friday

Good Luck at Indy!!

jeffb

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations, was the weather ok? Any marathon runners here? The Boston Marathon, is going to be a cold, windy, rainy event tomorrow although they say the severest conditions may let up by race time. I've done a few 5 and 10ks but that is it. I wish I could run a marathon but my joints won't let me with low arches and a bum knee.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Weather was beautiful, started at about 35 degrees, finished just above 40. It was sunny and very little wind. There were several 'elite' runners there, though not as many as last year. Winning time this year was 1:08:xx. No Boston marathoners there this year since the race is tomorrow. However, there were many with Boston jackets.

zk188

Newly Enlightened
I am a fittness nut also i biked all the way to lakewood but for some strange reason i came back with a MAGcharger.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
zk188 said:
I am a fittness nut also i biked all the way to lakewood but for some strange reason i came back with a MAGcharger.

You're a true flashaholic when you go for a bike (or a run) and come back with a light! :D

The only time I have a light with me is the rare occasion I have to squeeze a run in at night. I used to take my X5 with me, but now I take an HDS with me since I can run RCR's in it.

BTW, I strongly recommend signing up for a 5k or 5 mile race to anyone who deals with depression or other mood disorders. Running is a great way to "balance" yourself out, and signing up for a short race is a great way to get motivated. After your first race, you'll be hooked!