Frankenlights!!!

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, I haven't seen one of these threads for a while so I thought it would be cool to see what some of you have come up with recently.
Post your images of your coolest frankenlights here for all to see. Here is one of mine. It is pretty obvious what it is.
BTW if you are new and do not know what a frankenlight is...It is a light made from a mix of parts which can be from commercial and or custom parts. In the case below it is a surefire turbo head, an E to C adapter, a aftermarket porcupine body and an aleph tail with a clicky switch installed. I am sure that there are some lights which make this one look normal out there so please show them off here!!!

pineapplewithhead.jpg

Pretty cool eh?
When you post your images please include as detailed a description as possible of the light so that if somebody wants to duplicate your light they have some idea what parts are required for your frankenlight OK?

Yaesumofo

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just couldn't resist

Not exactly a Frankenlight, rather Magenstein and his Bride.

SunStar

Enlightened
audioman said:
Hi guys :)

that's my Frankenlight :grin2:

IMG_0682.jpg

OK... I got's to know.... lamp, battery, output and runtime. It almost looks like you could palm the turbo head with that set-up. Any comment as to how this light functions in practical use? Interesting....

Patriot

Flashaholic
will said:
I just couldn't resist

Not exactly a Frankenlight, rather Magenstein and his Bride.

Those are the ugliest flashlight that I've ever seen in my life. You win this one hands down as, as far as I'm concerned.....:clap:

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
will, sorry just kidding:):

With your adress on the lights, they would be "Boomerang-lights", every thief or finder when they get lost, will send them back :grin2:

Best regards

____
Tom

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
FrankenMod.jpg

Not too diabolical, Just Brinkmann Heads grafted onto Garrity bodies.

The AAA is nice when the POS switch works. :grin2:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Long John said:
will, sorry just kidding:):

With your adress on the lights, they would be "Boomerang-lights", every thief or finder when they get lost, will send them back :grin2:

Best regards

____
Tom

I was going to use the neck bolts as recharging points for the batteries. They both work, each has an LED, and they were made from extra parts.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
will said:
I was going to use the neck bolts as recharging points for the batteries. They both work, each has an LED, and they were made from extra parts.

Thanks, that makes sense.:goodjob:

I thought they are fix-points for a handle-bar.:stupid:

Best regards

_____
Tom

scrappy

Enlightened
No pics but I had an e2c adaptor on my E2D and added my KT-1 (or 2 I forgot what it is) with an N1 lamp assembly, its compact and has a bright beautiful spotlight, some good sidespill. Just not exactly a pocket light, unless you want people to ask you "what you got in your pocket ..."

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
No pics at the moment, but my Frankenlights are rather simple right now, one is a Minimag with a TerraLux UV drop in and a 3/4" acrylic ball from the Shoppe dropped in as a TIR lens, it throws a tight square UV spot clear across the room, and if focused correctly can even project a perfectly focused image of the LED die on the wall

the other *was* a Mag 2C with the same TL UV drop in and one of those acrylic light-gathering magnifiers, it also threw a tight spot across the room,

now that i have enough pieces-parts, i want to try building my own Frankenlight

Oh, and i *LOVE* that E1e with the Turbohead from a M6, i honestly laughed out loud when i saw it, great work :)