Arcessories

Status
Not open for further replies.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I would love to have that Berkley point Stainless miniclip the $4ea + $5 shipping kind of drove me off.

arcessory 1: Instead I found these cool little mini 'biner clips on some cheap Rayovac Flashy lights at Walmart by the registers. 2 lights for $2.
miniclipclose.jpg
miniclip.jpg

The rayovacs lights really suck. I remember a time before the mag solitare where all keychain lights were this crappy. Now the Arc has surpassed the mag. Thank god for evolution
wink.gif

Anyway take the clips off pull the battery out and throw the rest away. The battery is a heavy duty but it works great in the arc. The only problem with the clips is the gate doesn't open very far. Just enough to get on a key chain

arcessory 2: The pocket clip on the arc is a brinkmann clip for their 2AAA flashlight.

arcessory 3: the clip has extreme glow sheet on it. Works great to locate the light in the dark. I figured it would fall off the first time I put it in my pocket but so far has been durable.

arcessory 4: I also painted the reflector with Blue-green glow mixed with clear nailpolish. Its kind of hard to do but works well. This did not seem to affect the output of the light but did seem to soften the edges in the beam a bit. It charges up everytime you turn it on
cool.gif

JohnG

Enlightened
keyring.jpg

I've done the same thing. After shelling out a bundle for the very high quality stainless steel version, I discovered this econo clip at Big Lots.
$1.49 gets you a nice keyring clip, a couple of batteries for your Photon II, and a bright LED to mod with.
I like this smaller sized clip for the Arc AAA flashlights. The Stainless steel clips are nice, but add too much weight and bulk to such a small and lightweight flashlight.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Psst...yes, the Berkeleypoint clip is nice. I love mine. Thr trick is to order a bunch at once. Maybe we could do a group buy and get some for, well, cheaper
smile.gif

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey another way to get those Cheap clips is to get on with the Exxon speedpass program. www.speedpass.com I am on that FREE service and i ordered a few extra "keyring transponders" to use with thier service. Since i only really need one of them I stole the biners from the others and have one on my arc right now with an old solitare lanyard. Works like a charm... Nice way to get free biners and an nifty program that Exxon has there too...

Mike

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I agree with Ryan and nascar but of course I am biased :)....

I feel I should make one observation regarding all of the clips above as well as the 'biners that YCLO showed on another thread. This is a word of caution. Depending on the geometry of the clip used and what you are clipping it to, it is possible to have an unintentional release of the clip. This is true of any non-locking clip. If the clip is always under load and not articulating about its attachment point there will be no problems of unintentional release.

However, in a dynamic situation where the clip is swinging around on its attachment point, it is possible for the gate to encounter the perimiter of the attachment point and be forced open as the clip works its way off. This is most prevalent if the attachment point is rigid such as a ring, D-ring or zipper pull. I have experimented extensively with the berkeleypoint clip on likely attachment points and am not concerned with this clip as a result. On the other hand, I can take a standard sized small carabiner clipped on a 3/4" ring and get it to come of with little effort.

I highly reccomend that some "dynamic" simulation be used to test the trustworthyness of any non locking clip on what it is attached to. This is especially the case if the item attached is likely to be bouncing around during physical activity. In most cases, there is no problem but if you have any doubts or concerns, you might want to consider using a quick link or snapshackle instead. The quicklink is secure but slow. The snapshackle is fast but expensive.

For what it's worth, I have plenty of these clips, quicklinks and small snapshackles in my posession and primarily use the small clips because of their size and ease. I would be comfortable hanging a M6 off a 1" D-ring with the small berkeleypoint clip but I would not use a standard small 'biner.

Test Your Gear.......

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I searched the Berkly point site and only a few minutes after I placed this post I placed an order. I found they had the Opalec at a good price and I had wanted to pick up another for a mod. Sooo ... since I was placing an order anyway I decided I might as well pick up some clips too.

Don,
I just decided I wanted to add some of those small quicklinks and a pearlink to my order. I e-mailed Tjay with the details, can you make sure the items are added if you read this before the order goes out.

...EDIT.. Dang, The order already went out on Sat. Wow that's fast service.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up a big lots light but the clips aren't as nice as the wally worlds lights. They are thinner, seem more fragile and the gate is thinner metal that seems more likely to pop out.

BTW your lucky you got a blue one with two cr2016s I could only find yellows with one cr2032. Same price:(

Status
Not open for further replies.