Bay Area Mentor Wanted

Groundhog66

Banned
I am really looking to get into the mods, learning the how;s and the why's. Just looking for someone to share some knowledge, and I'm sure a few laughs. I am making the turn from Production lights to Custom stuff, an it just gets more interesting by the day. So if one of you can find it in your heart, ant time schedule, I would be more than appreciative. Let me know if perhaps we could get a few interested enough to meet weekly or biweekly, to share new ideas and/or projects. Hell, we can start it at my house, just let me know how you all would want it planned out. Hope to get some positive input, I think it's a great idea.

Tim

vacuum3d

Enlightened
Tim,
There's no shortage of modding knowledge in the Bay Area. You may want to join one of the lunch get-together that happens about once a month. You will probably hook up with the right person there that can not only answer your modding questions, but also have the equipment to get it done.

ernest

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Tim,

Knowledge is free!
Willingness to learn is great!
But time is a B!@#$ to get back!

Where specifically r u in the Bay Area?
I recommend you buy the following guys lunch depending on your locale.
Far North (Sacramento) - Beamhead, Craig is just Craig.
West (Red Wood City/SF) - gadget_lover or unnerve, master craftmans with all the necessary tools.
East (Hayward) - vacuum3d, SureFire experts and is a great tinkerer.
South (San Jose) -
dat2zip or georges80 and soon goldserve for all your electronics need.
PaulB / weedle / cbpdude - love to mod mod Mags

Now as for starting @ your house it will be a bit hard for me, since I got two little ones that wants dady time, every hour or so. If you find the time down in S. SJ, you're more than welcome to drop by during the weekend when the rug rats sleeps (noon - 5PM).

Groundhog66

Banned
I am in Livermore/Burlingame for home and work, I wanted to make the last luncheon but my schedule did not allow. I am having a BBQ here at my house on the 29th, I have it posted in the get together section. Always nice to put a face with the names.

vacuum3d

Enlightened
... and I wouldn't be in so much trouble with my wife if it wasn't for Modamag showing me how things are done and getting me hooked. Now that he's chimed in, I would say run your modding ideas by him before you get your hands dirty. There were numerous occasions where I spent time trying to come up with a solution to a problem, only to find out later that Modamag's been there and done that.

Your Get-together is a great way to meet people and learn stuff. I regret to say that weekends get-togethers are bad for me due to family duties, but any time you want to drop by Hayward for a chat, let me know. There's a StarBucks walking distance from my house.

ernest