Another CPF member joins the AAA !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arab

Enlightened
That is the ARC AAA Anonymous club.

Typical members have at least one or all of the following characteristics:
o They own at least one ARC AAA.
o They do unspeakable things to their lights and claim it's all in the cause of research.
o They refuse to accept that their real objective is to destroy the light
o They form a relationship with a certain key figure of the ARC company (Lets call him PG) in order to acquire knowledge of any product weaknesses that they could exploit

They tend to do strange things:
o Dive to 9 feet to replace the battery
o Start a thread entitled Arc AAA regular maintaince, where they start out with a perfectly functional light, and then proceed to destroy it step by step - all in the name of maintenance of course
o Drive over it with a wheelchair
o Strip away the coating to see what it looks like naked
o One person even tied his AAA to his dog to see if the dog would break it. (Apparently, the dog suffered more).
o Wait up all night for the mysterious moon mode to appear.

What can be done? Why do these people put their lights through such extremes? There is a theory - They are bored!

Unlike many other single-LED lights in the marketplace, the ARC AAA can only work in one of 2 modes:
o On
o Off

So Peter, forget the LS2 and the LS3. Fight the boredom. Develop a 3-LED, AA-Powered, Variable output ARC AA today!!!

Hurry, who knows what might happen next
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

arab

Enlightened
logicnerd411 said
Technically, an Arc can only WORK in one mode. On.
It can't WORK in off mode, because it's off.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">o Some of them even get all logical when discussing ARCs - they can only have On/Off, 1/0, binary thoughts! Imagine the wealth of insight these people could provide if they could think outside of the existing binary constraints!

Darell

Flashaholic
Originally posted by arab:

o One person even tied his AAA to his dog to see if the dog would break it. (Apparently, the dog suffered more).
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Come on. Nobody in their right mind would do that. You're making all this stuff up. The wild imaginations of some people
rolleyes.gif

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by BuddTX:
I did wait up all night (I was watching tv) to see my light go into moon mode!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I've done that with the AAA and LS too
rolleyes.gif

Moon mode - heh heh. This is proof of great marketing on Arc's part. I was just wondering why SF users don't hang around and wait for "sunset" mode
wink.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
What are all the
rolleyes.gif
about? It's nothing to be asamed of.

And while we're on the off topic, does anyone besides me think that
rolleyes.gif
looks more like an ashamed person than somone, well, rolling their eyes? It's ok though...I like it, it's
blush.gif
that I hate.

Darell

Flashaholic
The little red guy looks like he's singing "Silent Night" on Christmas Eve.

Little green roll-eyes is my favorite. I have a real-life look that is very similar.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Ya see...I'm all for
blush.gif
to be replaced with
blush.gif

Craig didn't like the new and improved
tongue.gif
after the upgrade, neither did I, but it's grown on me.

arab

Enlightened

o Some people even spend all their time hanging around light forums. When they have finished discussing their AAAs (twist on, twist off) they - clearly desperate for something interesting to talk about (like, say, a 3-LED, AA-Powered, Variable output ARC AA) - discuss frivolous things, such as comparing smilies between different versions of UBB software!!

o Then there's people who start new threads where they talk about people who talk about whatever they can talk about in the absence of anything new to talk about in relation to their AAAs.

o There are also some who constantly - and in a very tiresome manner - ask PG to develop lights to satisfy their own needs. These people are easy to spot (2 have already contributed to this thread), as they keep including words like variable, or 3 LED, etc in their posts !!!

Saaby

Flashaholic
Watch out Aragon...soon he'll be saying that everyone that owns an Arc is the same person and that only one Arc exists, while this isn't true--LSes are numbered
grin.gif

JohnG

Enlightened
Originally posted by arab:
o Strip away the coating to see what it looks like naked
[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm sorry if I offended anyone.
frown.gif

Arcbarrel.jpg

Darell

Flashaholic
Good one John!

Hey Alan - Ya know I'm all busy trying to figure out how to afford a plane trip to Hawaii to off Mr. Bulk. I've kind got my plate full at the moment, but rest assured that you're next on my list.

And BTW, the word for people like me is "DIM."

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by darell:

And BTW, the word for people like me is "DIM."
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Wandering even further off topic....can you tell us anything interesting about your trip, Mr. Dimmer?:^)

Darell

Flashaholic
Hey Doug -

Yeah, I've got some shots of a bunch of LED trees (seriously cool), and a slick LED nightlight that we had in several of our hotel rooms. I'll have to reduce them, FTP them, and put 'em up one of these days...

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by darell:
Hey Doug -

Yeah, I've got some shots of a bunch of LED trees (seriously cool), and a slick LED nightlight that we had in several of our hotel rooms. I'll have to reduce them, FTP them, and put 'em up one of these days...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The LED trees I've gotta see:p

p.s.-I'll email you a list of some places where you can finally get some professional help.
blush.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.