My kindom for an Arc LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutter

Enlightened
Hello,

I've posted this message in a couple of different places but I'm a new "flashaholic" so please bear with me during my growing pains. I've been reading in this forum for quite a while and just decided to start posting. In fact, I haven't even made my first large flashlight purchase yet. Based on what I've read about Arcs and the great customer service that Peter and his company provide, I am wanting that to be an Arc LS with the single 123 pack. I don't think I want or need the other battery packs. However, I do think I want one with the new high dome led, matching anodization, well centered beam, etc. I don't want it to be a "second" or a "flawed" model and it will be my EDC. Can anyone tell me where I can go to purchase this simple request. I'm at a loss with all the changes, updates, etc, but want to buy one now. Thanks for any help you all can give me.
smile.gif

Dan out

Saaby

Flashaholic
Cutter you need an Arc AAA while you're at it. Make you're Arc collection complete.

Cutter

Enlightened
Yeah, I know Saaby. I've got my new flashaholic eyes on a Arc AAA LE as we speak. Would really like to get a nice LS in my hands though. Any other suggestions as who might have them in stock with the 123 body only. Don't really need the other power packs.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can get the LS with just the 123 pack direct from ARC, but failing that, you can buy it with all three packs and sell the extras off here in the B/S/T forum.

I'm not the only one around here that will buy them (if the price is right).

Cutter

Enlightened
Yeah...I tried that Silviron. The ARC website says "Finally in Stock!", but then when you go to order one, it says "In Stock: No".
frown.gif

Looks like it's gonna be a waiting game for me. Oh well....anticipation of a new toy is half the fun.

hoss

Newly Enlightened
How about vicomptel.com
I just placed an order for an LS (with the 123 body) for $77.
grin.gif

They require payment up front before ordering them but I've dealt with them in the past for photons and prices are the lowest around.
Wouldn't wait too long because I got a feeling this well is gonna dry up quickly.

Darell

Flashaholic
You can certainly send them your money... but if Peter doesn't have any to sell, Vicomptel isn't gonna have any to sell either... no matter how low their price is!

Cutter

Enlightened
Originally posted by Gransee:
Ok, I got to fix that...

Done!

Peter
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Darn Peter.....when you said that you fixed it, I thought you meant you actually went in and handmade a bunch more flashlights personally....not that you deleted the "Finally in Stock!" from the website.
smile.gif

Cutter

Enlightened
Originally posted by hoss:
How about vicomptel.com
I just placed an order for an LS (with the 123 body) for $77.
grin.gif

They require payment up front before ordering them but I've dealt with them in the past for photons and prices are the lowest around.
Wouldn't wait too long because I got a feeling this well is gonna dry up quickly.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Just an F.Y.I. but Vicomptel just raised their price to $82 each. Still pretty cheap compared to others. However, I don't really like the policy of only being able to return it for a full refund if it's D.O.A. If it's not D.O.A. then they charge a 25 percent re-stocking fee.
shocked.gif

I like to be able to return things even if I simply don't like them. That's the only thing that makes me comfortable when ordering off of the internet.

Pocketlights.com does charge quite a bit more ($119.95....same as the Arc website) but I love their "30 Day 'No-Bicker' Return Policy". If you don't like it, you get all your money back. No questions asked. With a light like this (a work-in-progress), that policy might make it worth the extra bucks.

Thanks for all the replys everyone. Who woulda thunk that a bunch of flashlight people could be so nice?
grin.gif

Cutter

Enlightened
Just thought of something else ARC LS related. On Sean's Flashlight Site, he mentions that he uses a Surefire E Series Beamshaper (F04) to keep his ARC LS lens from getting scratched in his pocket. Would some WriteRight screen overlay material cut to size and affixed to the outside of the lens serve the same purpose?? Might also help to spread out any imperfections (bite my tongue) in the beam. Just curious. Also, is the image in my signoff annoying and aggravating??? I liked it but thought it would be smaller at the end of my posts.

arab

Enlightened
$120 Vs $82 represents about a 1/3 discount! Remember PG will still stand over any problems so the only risk is if you don't like the LS.

Status
Not open for further replies.