Lost my LOD-CE Yesterday :) <--Found

Pyle-IT

Newly Enlightened
Well I lost my LOD-CE yesterday. It was the first day i decided to carry it instead of my P1D-CE. I do have a little post it note in the battery tube with my name and phone number, but it has a fresh Ray-O-Vac hybrid in it so it will be a while until she goes dead. The worst part is i am not sure where I lost it! I did not notice she was gone until until today. Yesterday, the last time I saw her was on a Southwest flight from Denver to Las Vegas. Hopefully someone finds the note and calls, but either way lesson learned. I should have left her on the keys instead of clipped to the top of my jeans pocket.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Re: Lost my LOD-CE Yesterday :(

Ahhh!! Those pocket clips really stink. I test drove it with the pocket clip just around the house and I was worried that I'd loose it out in public. I just drop the whole light in my front pant pocket and that's proven pretty safe unless I'm hanging upside down or something. Once I thought that I lost mine also, but ended up finding it in some shorts that I threw on the floor.

I really hope that your light shows up. Maybe some good Samaritan will find it and call you after the battery is dead. Good luck! :)

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry for your lost. When I try to find something, what I do is just before dozing off is think about the lost item deeply, nothing else. When you wake up, hopefully you will remember where you last hold it or saw it. At least if it is left somewhere, better knowing rather than not knowing. It is easier that way.......sometimes we do things without you actually realising intentionaly...anyway best of luck

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast

Patriot36 said:
Ahhh!! Those pocket clips really stink...
+1 on that. I've had pants pocket clipped lights and knives pulled out a number of times. Usually found them on the floor of the car, but a few just disappeared.

CLHC

Flashaholic

I've seen this particular model and I can see how those pocket clips could come off ending in a lost light. Sorry for your loss. I too lost a small[ish] light, but unfortunately for me, it was the Orb Raw NS. . .

Pyle-IT

Newly Enlightened

Damn, I guess I am WAY lucky. I just got a call from a Soutwest pilot who found it on the flightdeck!! That is where i was riding yesterday and it must have got caught on something. He said he would mail it out tomorrow. I offered him $25 for shipping/thanks and he said no thanks!!!! He did admit that he really liked the light and i offered him my LOPSE and he accepted. I also gave him this website as well as fenix-store.com hoping to bring him into the light. Happy ending indeed.

Eskimonio

Newly Enlightened
Good to hear!

Hey thanks for sharing the great tip about the note inside the battery tube, I'm going to do that with mine as well.

vee

Newly Enlightened
awesome storybook ending pyle-it! i think i'll definitely have to do the post-it sticker on inside of all my lights. glad to know there are still alot of good people out there. southwest pilots rock! hahaha.
buttrock.gif

alphazeta

Enlightened
Wow, great read. I was happy when I saw your title edited with "found."

Pyle-IT

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all! SWA pilots do rock, and i am working hard at becoming one!!! And I am almost there (i hope)!!
Cheers

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great news!!!:twothumbs

That's an excellent idea, putting a note inside the light! :goodjob: I'll have to do that with my lights, even though I only have a couple that are worth anything.

riffraff

Enlightened

Pyle-IT said:
Damn, I guess I am WAY lucky. I just got a call from a Soutwest pilot who found it on the flightdeck!! That is where i was riding yesterday and it must have got caught on something. He said he would mail it out tomorrow. I offered him $25 for shipping/thanks and he said no thanks!!!! He did admit that he really liked the light and i offered him my LOPSE and he accepted. I also gave him this website as well as fenix-store.com hoping to bring him into the light. Happy ending indeed.
Did SWA track you down via your seat number? Or did they actually open the light and find your note?

Either way, I added a sticky note to my LP M1 before I finished reading this thread! :thumbsup:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Yeah good deal. I guess your little note worked. You've got me wondering if I should to the same thing with my travel lights. I'm really glad that a good Samaritan found it after all. It's cool that you offered him a light too. Maybe we'll see him on CPF someday. :)

Last edited:

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
All EDC lights are now noted w/ email and phone. Thanks for the simple great idea.

Pyle-IT

Newly Enlightened
THanks again all!! No SWA does not have assigned seat numbers. I was jumpseating in the cockpit because there were no other seats (a perk of being a pilot:)). It sounds like it got caught on the lapbelt and fell out. Another pilot found it and played with it. He said he was curious what battery was in it cause it was "it was so freaking bright":laughing: found the note and called. Now its on its way home.

glyphin

Newly Enlightened
I'm surprised - in this day and age of post 9/11 Global War on Terror, they let you ride in the cockpit??

Pyle-IT

Newly Enlightened
I fly for another air carrier. The FBI maintains a system known as CASS (Cockpit Access Security System) which has all participating companies pilots in it. I check in and the gate agent can find my photo and passport info and compare it to what i show them. It is updated very frequntly and helps alot for commuting pilots. The cockpit is only available if your company pays the cash to uncle Sam to participate in the CASS system. Hop ethat clarifies things a bit:)