What is your EDC light (and why) and how do you carry it?

Dobbler

Enlightened
I was carrying a L1D-CE and having received my P2D-CE today I will be carrying it due to smaller size. I carry on belt using the supplied nylon holster.

I carry the Fenix because it's dang bright when I need it and small enough to not look like I'm wearing a toolbelt :)

What about you? :grin2:

Last edited:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry two photons on my keyring, red and white, and an Inova X1 in my left front pocket. However the past month the Fenix L0P SE has been vying for pocke ttime also.

I picked these lights because of their reliablity and runtimes, both are important to me for daily and emergency uses.

I will occasionally when the need is possible slip an Inova X5 or X0 (old version) in my left hip pocket for brighter/longrange options.

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
Small white coin cell light for dim output. L0D-CE with 10440 LiIon for really bright, sort of bright, insanely bright, and seizure-inducing output (respectively). Both are carried on my keychain, ensuring that I never forget them/lose them.

I used to carry a red coin cell but found I really never used it -- red I find is only really useful for reading/working up close and preserving night vision, the only time I'd need to do that (astronomy) I will explicitly bring a red light. If I want to see my way around, really dim white is a lot more effective at lighting a walkway by, and it doesn't kill night vision if used properly (spread out just like natural moon light)

Last edited:

fishx65

Enlightened
Photon on the keychain and a crap load of lights in the F150. I'm never to far from my truck so I figure I can grab whatever one I need fairly quickly. If someone steals my truck I'm screwed!

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry a Fenix EO on my keychain and a Fenix L1DCE in my coat pocket. Like you I'm also waiting for my P2DCE!

perado

Newly Enlightened
Left keyring: premierlight left pocket: P1D CE w/ kooter body and SF clicky.

Right keyring: photon light right pocket: HDS Basic 42(until I can get a 120)

redranger97

Newly Enlightened
Just made the switch from the Nuwai TM301x3 to the L2DCE. While i was carrying the Nuwai, I was always looking for something slimmer, that used more common batteries, and (of course) brighter. L2DCE turned out to be the perfect light for what I need. Slim body for inconspicuous/more comfortable pocket carry, common easy to find/cheap batteries, and a step up in brightness as icing on the cake! I carry unsheathed in my left front pocket.

ScooterBug

Enlightened
i have changed up. i now carry a P-1 on my keychain. my LOD around my neck and most of the time i have a surefire E2E or A2 in my pocket.:)

Sable

Enlightened
I usually carry (after having finally laid hands on one) a McLux-III PD, UX1K. I'm very pleased with it - it has a high "fiddle value," is small enough to disappear in my jeans, clipped to the back of my right front pocket. It feels very secure there and I'm unlikely to lose it. It's also not so small I give myself carpal tunnel activating it - I really want to grab an XR19C, but it's going to be at least a month before I can lay out that kind of cash! *sigh*

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aleph 1, 1 X 123 body, trim tail with bezel-down clip attached to the button shroud. McClicky modded to a 2-stage clicky, NG1000 driving a USWOH SSC P4, powered by 1 X RCR123.

I carry it clipped to the inside of my right pocket. It's a great pocket thrower and easily scans 5 acres in the dark. I can spot animals 300 ft away easily.

The past few days I've also been carrying a TnC KeyLux AA, with a MJ750 XYOS powered by a 14500. Great pocket flood, basically a TnC Li Lux V clone.

On my keychain for the past couple years is a Shiftd modded Arc AAA with a Luxeon.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right now, it is a SureFire E1e with the excellent Lumens Factory EO-E1R 90 lumens bulb + 1 AW RCR123 li-ion battery. I couldn't be happier with this setup. I also occasionaly carry my Amilite Neo T5 SSC P4. This is the best LED light avaliable on the market for under 100 USD, but I like the incan beam of the SureFire way better.

Oh yeah, I carry them either in my jacket or pants pocket. I also carry spare batteries in pairs into APS photo film canisters. Those things seem like they were made for CR123A's. Every CPFer should give this a try.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix EO on my keychain, McLux III PD-S clipped to the inside of front pocket and spare CR123 in other front pocket. The McLux is my EDC because it is simple, reliable, feels good in the hand and the two levels is and so far has been all I've ever needed. The EO is just a back up that never gets used. I have a lithium in it so its good as a back up for a while. I occasionally EDC my Seoulmodded HDS U60 so it doesn't feel left out but most times I like the twisty vs the clickie.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I always have a Fenix L0P-SE on my house keyring. And I either have an SSC-modded HDS Basic 42 or a Jetbeam C-LE and a 14500 cell in my back pocket. I love the brick-like construction of the HDS, but I prefer how the C-LE feels in my pocket.

I don't really like anything on my belt.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Two SF.A2.Aviators (RSfront-pocket/LSback-pocket)

3[M]ini.Mag (LSfront-pocket)

Lego SF.E1 (RSfront-pocket)

Primarily the smaller torches serve as additional back-ups for that just in case scenario, while the SureFire.A2 w/YG-LED gets the most useage for in the dark tasks from my p/u truck to the garage then in and around the house. When I get up in the middle of the night to get a drink of water and/or wee-wee, this is the one I take with me.

That's all!

roadie

Enlightened
my trusty surefire d3 (high output) has been in my pockets ... ")
basically i will chuck it almost anywhere it may fits .... as long as it not 'sticking' out :)

paulr

Flashaholic
White and red led coin lights on keys, Fenix L0D CE in pocket.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Lately there's been a Fenix E0 and a L0Pse in the pockets, plus an Arc AAA on the keyring. Also, if I need a coat there's a Photon 3 clipped inside it. Might carry something bigger and brighter if I go out at night.

Geoff

ugrey

Enlightened
Daytime: E2e rides beside my wallet in a rear pocket, I have a Fenix L1P in my left front pocket that covers most light needs. On my key chain is an old Arc AAA. In my briefcase is a TL-3 with the extra batteries. At night at home, or when I have on cargo type pants on, I keep a SF Z3 with P91 or a SF 12P in a side cargo pocket. I sew a few stiches, in two places, one above the other near the back of the pocket so that the Z3 rides vertically. I never even notice it is there.

Last edited: