Anybody have one of the NEW Peaks with a Seoul?

Lumenation

Newly Enlightened
I read in the Peak Led Solutions thread that you can call and order a light from them and tell them to put a Seoul in it. Does anybody have one of the new ones yet, and what do you think?

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am waiting on 3 of the new Peaks to ship. Should be any day now. I will be getting a Ti Atlantic AA, Ti Carribean and Ti Ranier. I can't wait to provide my impressions.

I was taken by the way they look on the website and from what I can tell they should be extremely water resistant. They aren't 2 stage and that is a small drawback to me but it wasn't significant enough to reduce my purchases.

By the way, these are priced very reasonably especially if they are put together in as quality of a manner as I have read that Peak has done in the past, then they will be fantastic.

At least I am hoping!

-Goatee

sbebenelli

Enlightened
I have no photo skills. It has a artifact in the hot spot. You might be able to see it in the picture. The best I can explain it is a line that is half moon shaped. The only time you would see it is shining on a wall.

I have more pictures posted in the Peak forum.
dsc00904smallho8.jpg

dsc00901smallth8.jpg

Last edited:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumenation said:
I have always wanted a carribean, but this artifact issue in the beam kinda turns me away. does anybody have the carribean with a seoul yet

I just bought two new Caribbeans -- one with a Seoul P4 and the other with a 3 watt Luxeon. I had read a comment about the Seoul artifact and was concerned about it ahead of time.

However, the crescent shaped artifact in my Caribbean's Seoul was difficult for me to see until I stared at the beam intently against a white wall. It is insignificant and does not bother me in the least.

waynejitsu

Enlightened
GeorgePaul said:
I've never seen a light that has absolutely no artifacts. The beam looks very good to me. Thanks, sbebenelli.

Try the new ASP Triad:)

Where is everyone getting this model from?

chrome-addict

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone familiar with these lights explain the different brightness level options ...it seems that they're abbreviated on Peak's site with no explanation as to what they mean.

Last edited:

Lumenation

Newly Enlightened
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind placing an order over the phone. But I really prefer navigating through a good website, picking and comparing different lights without having to ask a million questions to somebody on the phone. Everything is over the internet these days, having a bad website reflects poorly on the company. Sorry to vent. "PEAK PLEASE UPDATE YOUR WEBSITE"

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumenation said:
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind placing an order over the phone. But I really prefer navigating through a good website, picking and comparing different lights without having to ask a million questions to somebody on the phone. Everything is over the internet these days, having a bad website reflects poorly on the company. Sorry to vent. "PEAK PLEASE UPDATE YOUR WEBSITE"

Have to agree, their website really sucks. They have dozens of different lights, and there are no easy way to tell the difference between them without making up a chart of your own. You even have to click two times to just get the battery info! And the info itself is very sparse, it's very hard to tell the difference between the different models. They could at least have beamshots? Heck, we even demand beamshots from dealers in the dealer section here. I guess I have been a bit spoiled by DX and KD, which even do their own reviews...
It's a real shame, cause their light seems to be top-notch, but I feel I never will do any business with them cause of the lack of info on their lights.

EDIT:Sorry for the OT.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a brass Pacific 'up' power with a Seoul. It is brighter than my LOD-CE on medium but not quite as bright as the LOD-CE on turbo. The Pacific beam is whiter, has a tighter hotspot and smoother spill.