LS TURN ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

**DONOTDELETE**

I used my LS (123 Batt pack) to find my way to bed, shut it off, and put it down on the nightstand. It was rather suprising to be awakened at 3 AM by a bright light in my face. The LS had turned itself back on. It was an unusually cold nite, and I guess the case contracted in length just enought to make contact.
Give 'em a good twist when youre done.

Whistler

Enlightened
Hmm, intersting case. Are you sure that you haven't any flashlight ghosts in your house
wink.gif
? So, do you have any dead flashlights
blush.gif
?

Since my LS has 'the flex failure'
frown.gif
(and my new LS is almost on it's way
grin.gif
, thanks Peter Gransee for the service
smile.gif
) I couldn't have that 'problem' right now.

BTW do you live in Alaska that it is that cold?

Saaby

Flashaholic
I think I might have flashlight ghosts in my house! Brinkman LX fine one day. Next day I'd been carrying it all day, turn it on and
frown.gif
batts dead.

I think that's very interesting though, funny stuff happens with hot/cold
grin.gif

P.S. Eternalights turn themselves on when your mobile phone rings
grin.gif

Willmore

Enlightened
I've had the "I thought it was off, but now it's on" problem with the thin '123 friendly' reatiner when used with the 2AA pack. There is enough room in there (the pack is a good 1-2mm larger than the cells) for the cells to 'tip' over and not touch the top. Well, turn it off when it's tipped and then move it around a bit so that the cells strainghten out and it turns back on. Do'ah!

Darell

Flashaholic
Yup, I've seen it too. The LS's need a healthy twist to turn them off for real. If you give it the same 1/4 turn like I typically do with my AAA's, you can shake the LS back on, or roll it just right and it'll come back on. Other's have considered this a feature since you can make it like a tailcap switch. Wrap your fingers over the head and push the butt for pulse on.

I'd think twice about turning one off and leaving it aimed in my face at night
smile.gif
That must have scared the crap out of you. Did you think you were dead?

dark star

Enlightened
I will come by to pick it up. It may take a few years but I'll figure out what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.