LAx--Help-Los Angeles International

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
My son is leaving today, soon, for Minneapolis/Chicago/LA on American Airlines then China Air to Taipei/Chiang Mai. His layover in LA will be about 2 hours. First, will he be able to mail something, his cell phone, during his layover? I'll give him a SASE Priority mail envelope that he can just drop in a box. Second, how far will he be going to get from AA to CA gates? Will he have to go into OJ Simpson mode (how old are you, do you know what I mean)?
Thanks for any quick guidance :)
I've been in LAX once that I recall and I can't answer either question :shakehead:

B@rt

Flashaholic
This site might help... :shrug:

From the general info page:
Postal services are not available in any of the terminals at LAX. Travelers need to mail their correspondence before coming to the airport. The nearest U.S. Postal Service is located at 9029 Airport Blvd., Los Angeles, California 90009. Regular business hours are everyday from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. For information, call 1-800-ASK-USPS.

Last edited:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
All your son has to do is step outside the AA Terminal (Terminal 4). Make a left, walk about 2 minutes to Tom Bradley Terminal (located on the left). To Bradley Terminal is the International Flight Terminal). All the International Airlines are located there.

Last edited:

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
One other question you will need to answer is how he got on the flight at the originating airport... If this is a domestic flight, then he can exit the secure area to meet your brother. If he left through the international terminal on the first flight--then he will be unable to leave the secure area as he has already gone through immigration/customs (at least, can't easily leave the international transfer lounge).

-Bill

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wits' End said:
Thank-you all!
Now to call my brother in LA and see if he can meet my son at the airport to take his mail :) It will be after 10 so it won't be too busy :) Right?

He should be able to meet your brother when he leaves Terminal 4 (AA) to go to Tom Bradley Terminal (International Flights) outside. There is parking outside in a parking structure in front of both terminals across the street. The police won't let you park your car at the curb, they will tell you to move it.

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
All went fairly well and my son got together with my brother and his wife, for a few minutes. After my son gave up the cell phone and got into secured area he was going to call the girl he is courting, basically fiancée. However she is living in Idaho right now, teaching school. So though her number is programed in his cell phone it isn't in his head or on paper. He, as well as she, were very unhappy. Any tips on calling cheaply from Chiang Mai to Idaho?
Thanks

Latest posts