Flashlights 101; Everything You Need To Know To Choose The Right Handheld Flashlight

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got home from work and the May/June 2007 issue of American Cop magazine was in the mailbox. Inside starting on page 51 is an article entitled:

Flashlights 101; Everything You Need To Know To Choose The Right Handheld Flashlight by Ralph Mroz

It looks like I have a little light reading when I get home again some time later tonight (if you will excuse the expression!)

www.americancopmagazine.com

NAW

Enlightened
Re: Flashlights 101; Everything You Need To Know To Choose The Right Handheld Flashlight

I am simlpy impressed by the group shot of lights. Those two lights in the way back are the Polarion HIDS X1 (3500 lumens) & Polarion Helios (4000 lumens). :drool:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice article, but imho just a bit outdated.
The writer mentions leds and succeeds in not showing any advice which kind of technology to prefer, I think that is very difficult.

But if one mentions a 6P is the standard to compare other lights against, one should also consider (and maybe tell), that even the luxeons give more light with at the same time more runtime. And my "Cree in a 6P body" is thus stronger than the original setup (while running for 2.5 hours on an 18650), ...
that was unbelievable short time ago.

I like the article, its the best I have seen for some time now.

PS: that group shot really is impressive. on the far right this strange "cop light" that has been mentionned in here some time ago and is this the Pelican light made for the (SF?) PD on the left? (1st row standing, 2nd from left)

Last edited:

duffman

Newly Enlightened
Re: Flashlights 101; Everything You Need To Know To Choose The Right Handheld Flashlight

I am surprised the author didn't mention rechargeable flashlights. Officers i know like rechargeable since they don't have to spend money replacing batteries.

Latest posts