Anybody know anything about this light from SPORTSMAN GUIDE?**Mini Review** with pics

vhyper007

Enlightened
Re: Anybody know anything about this light from SPORTSMAN GUIDE?

I have bought a couple various and sundry lights here. I am certainly no expert but I remember from a long previous thread someone else had said they are Chinese knock offs of popular form/function closer to home lites. I have found Their service to be good. At that price you're not out too much if it is a pos.

Wonder if AW li-ions fit or would fricassee it.

If you buy it post your opinion, please.

Regards,
vhyper007

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sportsman's guide is a great place to buy lots of items unavailable elsewhere.
I bought some of my first LED lights from them a few years ago. Normally their stock is a couple years behind what's found here at CPF. I did see a version of that 2 AA Nuwai 301 X for around $25.

cy

Flashaholic

sportsman's guide freight is beyond high!

fleegs

Enlightened

My experience:

Good service.
Neat Stuff
Expensive to ship
100% satifaction gaurantee for life (last I saw)

rob

Patriot

Flashaholic

I've been happy with Sportsmans Guide. They're a good company. With regards to the light...my first thought was that the small and deeply recessed push-button looked especially annoying to use. Could just be the photo, but I don't like how the guard flares out. Additionally, the guard appears to be very thinly walled, like it would bend inwards if you dropped it on it's tail. Um..except for that, I guess it's not priced too high.

Last edited:

mhubble

Enlightened

Ive bought alot of things from Sportsman Guide myself. Since they use UPS shipping is always to high and too slow. I was hoping somebody had bought the light.

Like PATRIOT36 the switch looks hard to get too and the walls around the switch look thin.

I really like the size and feel of a small 2 C light, thats why im interested in this light.

I guess I might have to be the test subject for this one

SKYWLKR

Enlightened

Use Free freight codes Like SPG40 or others... just do a search.

There are alos many codes for 5,$10, or $20 off

I get 500-600 lbs of stuff delivered for free frequently with $25 discounts on top...

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have bought a lot of stuff from Sportsmans Guide over the years, including a fair number of lights. I have and use their 20 LED lantern, and have given out as gifts 4 30 LED versions, and 2 sets of 3 mini lanterns they had all boxed in a nice hard case. I have bought a few flashlights from them, my first Led flashlight, after my Photons, was from there and it still sees use. It sits on the dresser near the light switch in the bedroom for grabbing in the middle of the night or other uses, jsut where it has sat since first purchased.

I like them, and am a member of their Club which saves on prices.

mhubble

Enlightened

Well I ordered one, probably wont get it till next week. Usually takes UPS 5 days to get a package to me from SG.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast

cy said:
sportsman's guide freight is beyond high!

Absolutely! That is why I don't order anything from them anymore. I used to order stuff from them for years, but shipping kept creeping up, so those great prices are kind of a joke.

Patriot

Flashaholic

mhubble said:
Well I ordered one, probably wont get it till next week. Usually takes UPS 5 days to get a package to me from SG.

Thanks for checking it out for us. When it comes in, revive this thread and tell us what you think of it. :)

mhubble

Enlightened

Got the light today. Paid 38.00 shipped for it. Its cheap made. Plastic lens, plastic reflector, cheap o rings, reverse clickie. Its alot bigger than I imagined it would be. Would make a great weapon. Both ends are pretty sharp and could do some serious damage. Everything comes apart easily except the switch, havent figured out how to get it out yet. Can be easily modded. I havent made up my mind if Im going to keep it amd mod it or just return it. Its not a bad light but 38.00 shipped is a bit much. Its bright, but ringy and at 15 feet plus it gets black in the hot spot. The ad says its waterproof but I seriously doubt it. Theres no O ring in front of the plastic lens. The switch is easy to get too with your thumb which surprised me. Looks like it would be hard to get too.

p4240002be0.jpg

p4240004mo7.jpg

p4240007yr5.jpg

p4240009rx4.jpg

p4240016qm5.jpg

p4240017xt9.jpg

Heres a beam shot of the SPORTSMAN GUIDE Light. Taken at 10 ft against a white door.
p4240019hm0.jpg

Heres a comparison beam shot of the Advance Auto with a SSC LED installed.
p4240020an7.jpg

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
Again I dont know why people are complaining about the shipping price....

IT IS FREE!!!!!

Yesterday I had over 200 lbs of gear delivered to my door step for...

wait for it....

FREE!!!!