Incandescent to LED Falcata 6V. Mod

Norm

Retired Administrator
Incandescent to LED Falcata 6V. Mod.
This is an easy one, remove bulb and reflector, purchase drop in Cree module http://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/ProductDetail.aspx?TranID=1300 file base of the unit until it fits into the body of the Falcata, screw bezel back on, no gaps, enjoy.
May work with other modules, worst thing is the module I received is a nice cat pee green :(.
Norm

Norm

Retired Administrator
See how the module fits snugly into the body.

dsc03121uz4.jpg

File the base of the module.

dsc03122ta1.jpg

Nice fit no gaps.

dsc03123jq4.jpg

Norm

Retired Administrator
Nano replied to your PM. I don't know and don't have one to try.
Norm

greenstuffs

Banned
the AW does NOT fit i've tried 17500 x2 and its very tight, i was able to run surefire bulbs :D thx to the suggestion of this thread by using some some magnet and paper clip to make up for the extra gap.
Now this opens a new window of possibilities for the falcata
Edit: Hey norm how is the beam of the module how bright is it compared to like lets say another similar cree light
nanotech17 said:
Norm,
This Falcata, can it use protected 17670 cell ?

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
greenstuffs said:
Edit: Hey norm how is the beam of the module how bright is it compared to like lets say another similar cree light
The quality of this mod is only going to be as good as the drop in unit, mine is as bright as my EastwayrdYJ U2 clone, just not as nice a tint.
Norm

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thumbsup: Indeed, and fairly old. Unfortunatelly I didn´t recognize it when I had my Falcata 6V and decided to sell.

Latest posts